Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Restless Leg Syndrome  (Read 32393 times)

jax

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »

furthur to my theory about it happening when over tired. Last night I was wacked out, nodding off in chair etc. got to bed and bingo ...restless legs, trying to resist shifting AGAIN...and AGAIN...on for over an hour :-(
on the plus side, 5 days in on HRT no adrenalin palps and 1 slight sweaty - only noticed when I woke up for a wee :-))
Jacky xx
goober gizzard brains

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

I don't like gin or tonic  ::)
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

viv

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

I do.

Tonic on its own is awful stuff, you really need to add something to it to make it more drinkable.

Honeyb
x

Hopeful

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

;) Good thinking Honeybun, i wonder if i would be able to mix some in with a bacardi and coke?? :)

Chelsea22

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 07:13:17 PM »

Tend to get this in the evening, again, like many, it seems to be when I'm tired. If it's stopping me sleeping, I do take a couple of ibuprofen, which helps.  :-\ x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »

Hi Chelsea, yes I have to resort to medication sometimes  >:(

Chelsea22

• First Flush
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 07:29:51 PM »

;) Liking Hopeful's idea of a Bacardi and Coke!!  :)

Ziggy

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »

I've had this on and off for years, since I was in my teens, it's a horrible sensation. Since starting menopause symptoms the nature of the restless feeling has changed and it is now more of a creeping sensation which is really horrid. The only thing that I've found helps is to walk around just for a minute or two then that seems to settle it down. It hasn't been a problem really since I started HRT except for the last few weeks when I've had the odd meno symptom back. The jury is still out on whether I need to up my oestrogen.

paisley

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »

I have also had this for years but since meno a lot more. I always get it at night in bed. I sometimes get it before sleep but usually I get it during the night and it wakes me up. I try all sorts of things and I am frantically moving my leg this way and that, sticking it out of the covers and then putting it back in, I just want to move it. I find it so annoying. One thing I have found that helps is a gel you can buy for tired legs, I rub this on and that seems to help as the gel is cooling on my leg.

Joyce

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 05:50:39 PM »

Paisley I tried cooling gels too, but nothing seems to work with mine.  Within about 20 minutes off I go again.  The consultant told me that restless legs is common during the menopause.  The last couple of nights I've been particularly bad, shifting from one bit of the bed to the other.  Stick my legs out and the rest of me ends up freezing, even though my legs feel like they've been stuck in hot water.  They were actually quite red last night too, so knew it would take several hours for them to cool down.  I've tried cooling sprays too, still no luck though.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »

Eat plenty of bananas  ;)

Firewalker50

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »

Bananas, as CLKD says.

Plus you may like to try magnesium oil spray.  If at night you can use the Night version.  Magnesium causes your muscles to relax (among other things). 

Consider using it regularly also if you suffer from the muscular aches and pains.  So if you tend to ache after any exercise then spraying on the magnesium oil is likely to alleviate that.

Fx

Joyce

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »

I've been doing that, after someone mentioned it on here before.  Maybe not having enough though.  But it's not as bad as it's been.  Only got 2 or 3 "hot" nights a week now.
Can I buy the magnesium oil spray in any health shop?

Firewalker50

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »

Hi CB. The make i buy is BetterYou which has 3 or 4 options (normal, sleep, joint). Used by athletes I believe and also Jan de Vries website when I looked.  I work with normal and night. 

I can get on amazon. Careful shopping there can save some money and postage. Otherwise H&B usually has it.  I know there are other makes and my partner now makes gis own from pure flakes and mineral water. You can also soak in mineral flakes bath or soak feet for quick absorption.

One note of caution - it can dry your skin a bit with regular use, so use gloves to apply and foot / body cream more than you normally might.

I have just wakened after hours of cleaning last night ( we have people coming to stay).  I have fibro and would often bé unable to function after. While i ache a little, i amb up and ready for a busy day.

Fx

Fx

Joyce

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »

Got some in my local health shop this morning.  They recommended I get the night one, so hopefully that will help me.  Thanks for that.  They said to use only 2 or 3 squirts per leg to start with to see how I get on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6