Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: So scared Op on Tuesday  (Read 20768 times)

oldsheep

Re: So scared Op on Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

good luck with everything. Sorry about the uncertainty but hope you have definite news asap and that it all goes well. Anticipation is the worst thing xxx

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »

Ring your worries through to the Consultant's secretary or if you are close to the Hospital, make an appt to see the Sister on the Ward for a chat. Have you had a pre-op appt for bloods etc.?
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Suzi Q

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 09:23:26 AM »

Take it easy and as your a bit scared ASK for a pre op
They dont do them anymore it used to be a matter of ciurse youd be drowsy going down
Now its a matter of time they dont have enough of it
My cousin had an operation in Arrowe Park on the Wirral lat November she asked for one
They said to her you dont need one she said I NEED ONE she was quite pointed about it she got it
She didnt know anything she said she remembered being taken off the bed in a trolley and moving
She said she vag memories of talking to a nurse then nothing till she woke up in bed

Maybe the delay is good for you but maybe a couple of pilld will help you get over the hump time xxxxx

ellie

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »

Well it's all over. Had op Tuesday morning. Apperently my stomach was in a real mess. It was very twisted and folded back onto itself. The surgeon had to teas it out and it was sticking to other organs. He has stitched it down in three places so it won't twist again (but there is a small chance it could). He managed to do it keyhole ,5entry points. I came home on Thursday night.
    The treatment in hospital was a disgrace eg, 28patients and 2 staff one night. But I will be following that up.
     I am in a lot of pain, and wind from keyhole surgery is cronic. But it's done, and once again a BIG thank you for all your kind words....

littleminnie

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »

Im glad you eventually got a bed and you have had the op.  There is nothing worse than hanging around waiting.
Once you settle down, you will start feeling a lot better. (and hopefully start playing the three word game again, lol).
Take Care x

purplenanny

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »

Hello Ellie

Well done for getting through it. Now you must rest and look after yourself. Dont rush things, take it easy.

It is amazing they can do all that with keyhole and your recovery will be easier because of this method. You may find peppermint tea helpful for the wind, it can be quite soothing. Wind is very painful, especially when you are sore and in pain from the op. Try to 'let it go' when you can as this will help

It may also help to keep on regular painkillers for a few days, but I am sure the hospital have advised on this.

Take care of yourself, I hope your recovery is speedy for you

Purplenanny x x

Bette

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »

Well, it's obvious that you really needed that op!  :o Once you've recovered from the procedure itself, you should feel a lot better.  :) Don't try to do too much too soon.  :foryou:
Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »

Look after yourself and no rushing to do things unnecessarily.  The pain of wind from keyhole surgery is awful.  Like no other pain.  It passes after a few days though.  Once it does you'll feel a lot better.
As for staffing levels.  Unfortunately that is very much the norm these days.  These cutbacks are going to send us back into the dark ages.  I reckon that we will all eventually need private health care insurance as the money certainly isn't getting put into the NHS staffing.  It's all very well getting all the fancy equipment, but no use at all if there's no staff.   

Rosalie

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 11:49:40 AM »

Hope you will fee better soon Ellie and be able to enjoy your new caravan  :)

jgr

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »

Glad it went well for you, put your feet up and relax.
Sad to say that the shortage of staff on the wards seems to be the norm now. They are run off their feet and cannot give the patients the care that they need. Staff moral in all departments is at rock bottom.
Our chief exec is creaming £26,000 per MONTH, and i have just had my wages cut, i don't think the general public realise what a bunch of money grabbing a**e holes are at the top of hospitals. If they got rid of all the hanger ons, we could employ more nurses, Dr's etc with what would be saved and get the care back to the patients. I could go on and tell you loads more but i would get very angry and my weekend would be ruined.
Once again Ellie, glad you are ok. :foryou:

Dyan

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »

Glad it went well for you ellie.
My OH had keyhole surgery last year and wind was one of the things he
complained about.
He's fine now.

Taz2

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 06:19:57 PM »

Ii bet you're relieved about that Dyan  ;D ;D

LilFeather

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 12:50:09 AM »

:o  My, that sounds like it was far more complex than what I had originally understood it was.  SO glad all turned out well for you.  I'm with the others, take your time and make sure you are #1 and everyone knows you are!  ;)
Is this some kind of a joke?

Suzi Q

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 05:40:35 AM »

Well done and yes Ive heard of the wind pains
Its over and done with now all you have to do is rest ann recover
Love Suzi Q :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

leony

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »

Really pleased to hear you are well and at home recovering know what you mean how on earth can 2 nurses handle 28 patients its beyond me there not miracle workers they should get some of yhose useless managers off there backsides and ask them if they could do it, what if there was an emergency have the powers up above thought of this Nooooooooo they don't seem to care.Love Leony ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6