Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Blocked feeling in ears  (Read 43851 times)

silverlady

Re: Blocked feeling in ears
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »

My blocked ear is no longer :) I woke up this morning and it felt normal, hurray :D

silverlady x

Bette

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »

Sodium Bicarbonate Drops That's interesting, silverlady, - can you give me any more info on them please? It's for my mum. She claims that using olive oil to prepare her ears for syringing gives her diaorrhea (sp?!); I have asked about it on here before but no-one could help me. An alternative would be great, if only as a placebo! She has to be careful as she's on Warfarin; some OTC ear-drops are contra-indicated.
Bette x

Pauline

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »

Might be worth trying microsuction rather than syringing. Speedy painless and very effective at clearing out all that gunk.

silverlady

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 05:44:02 PM »

Have you any details Pauline?

silverlady x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »

Well yesterday morning I woke early with a very bunged up right ear which was whistling a tune to itself and that lasted until the early hours of this morning what ever I did although I didn't try oil in it.  That was for today should it have continued ......... now it's slightly bunged up again  >:( it did stop a bit when I bent forwards though  :o but I can't stay bent over for ever  ::)

Pauline

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 06:51:41 AM »

Microsuction of the ears is something carried out at the hospital - a brief treatment but lasts a good long time.
Basically the ears are vacuumed with a very small hoover!!!
I was amazed and disgusted by the detritus that this produced. No wonder I was having ear problems.
Syringing is quite a violent procedure and, in my case, just added to the difficulties by filling the ear with water.
Try for microsuction if your problems persist. There is quite a bit about it on the net.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »

Thanks.  Mine blocked ear feels heavy this morning

silverlady

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »

The saga of my blocked ear continues ::) I have been putting the SB in my ear as I did finally get an appointment last week, the doctor said "Wax in the ear" so I have been dutifully putting the drops in in preparation for my ears to be syringed tomorrow afternoon.

On Friday I put the drops in and miraculously my ear cleared and my hearing was perfect. On Saturday I thought I better continue putting the drops in to keep softening the wax, all the better for a good clear out on Tuesday. So I put a few drops in and it promply clogged up again and its been like it since whatever I tried to do.

Should have stopped on Friday when the going was good!

Will let you know how tomorrow goes.

silverlady x

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

Mine feel muggy  ::)

susie56

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

Caught a viral thing on a plane and when flying back my ears blocked up.  The right one is still blocked and the viral stuff doesn't seem to quite have gone.  I think it's a blocked Eustachian as Silverlady's link showed.
(Incidentally, Silverlady, thanks for your useful links I always read them even of I don't comment very useful!!).  I don't really like putting stuff in my ears so hoping it will go on its own.  :-\

silverlady

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

Mrs P my ears don't hurt, and you have said yours do, so maybe you might have an infection, think you should see your doctor, you may need some antibiotic ear drops.

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

:hug:

silverlady

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2012, 08:23:27 AM »

Had my ears syringed yesterday it was success :) immediately afterwards they felt clear and hearing was cystal clear.

Nurse said that putting drops in beforehand did tend to muffle ears and make them crackle and it was perfectly normal, she also said that some people like me had small ears and maybe needed to have ears syringed more often.

So today feel really well and clear headed, it was well worth having them syringed.

silverlady x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »

I shook my head at 4.30 a.m. and the right blocked ear cleared  :o but I can feel it filling up again .........

changesbabe

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

I look forward to the day where I can hear again and I don't feel like I am living in a bubble! Antibiotics finished today but am afraid no difference - oh there is no pus coming out my ear so thats an improvement.  Still got pain and can't hear a thing.  Back at docs on Fri.  Now if I could cut my head off.... xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4