Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)  (Read 86253 times)

blackwitch

Re: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »

Well Done minuette, I cant imagine how that must feel to get to that stage I am still struggling with jogging for 2 mins at a time. That sounds great Ziggy, well done. Have you lost much weight either of you? :D

Ziggy

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »

That sounds great Ziggy, well done. Have you lost much weight either of you? :D

I don't think I've lost any weight through skating  but my thighs and bum look terrific!!  ;D

minuette

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »

Mrs Purple - fantastic post I love it!!!! :)

Blackwitch - I've lost about 5.5 lbs since starting over the 9 weeks, but I am on a controlled diet anyway, but apart from the weight loss I've really toned up which is great :)

changesbabe

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »

Well last night I was dreading my trainer coming this morning. Was trying to come up with lots of creative ways of cancelling her. In the end she had to cancel me as she was very unwell at the weekend. Initially I was secretly pleased and then I was gutted - my whole day went to pot after that and dare I say it I missed my run. Have just made myself do some floor exercises just now and I think I might try a run tom with my daughter - not up to going out on my own yet - cant believe I missed it!! Xxx

shirleyp

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »

It's great to know you are all doing so well, I've been a bit lazy recently due to injuring my knee a couple of months ago -been to GP today and she's not sure what it is and recommended physio - should have known that, I work with them every day!!
So I need to get back on the horse by doing lots of knee exercises and walking regularly before I start jogging again, I feel so unfit and my IBS has been worse recently and I am sure exercise helps.
So keep it up girls - I can't ever imagine my Mum doing this at the age of 51!! ::)

Donna1

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »

I'm doing the Moon Walk next week....26 miles through the night wearing just a bra (on the top - trousers are allowed!) to raise money for breast cancer. Am scared but kinda proud of myself too. And it really has helped with the meno stuff though it hasn't gone away - I think am just coping with it better

Hugs to all
Donna

Taz2

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »

That's amazing Donna - I could never walk that far! Well done. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

san

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »

a couple of my friends sis the Moonwalk last year. They said the atmosphere was awesome  :)
good luck Donna

minuette

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »

Good luck Donna :)

Celticapril

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »

Glad to see everyone is still active in whatever way  :gym:

Well now have this shiny, sparkly half marathon medal hanging on my rack   :banana:

Very hilly course round Edinburgh but the downhills were bliss!  Loved every step of the way and have already signed up for next year, hoping to knock at least 20 minutes off my time - I finished in 03:01:31

changesbabe

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »

Wow well done celticapril - what a great achievement. The Edinburgh marathon is at the end of this month. The finish line is near my house. I always go along and cheer the runners in - I always end up crying and utterly inspired to run. Xxx

minuette

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

Wow Celticapril very impressed, love the badge well done!! :)

changesbabe

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

Broke through a brick wall mentally today. :banana: Went for a jog on Monday that ended up being horrific.  It was sooo hot and I have never ran in the heat before (i live in Scotland remember!).  Anyway on Monday my legs felt like lead - I could barely breathe and my face felt like it was going to burst with the heat.  I hardly managed anything.  Went home and felt really ill for the rest of the day. I was so disappointed - wanted to give up.  Anyway today I was scheduled to be going back out again with my trainer - I woke up at 7.30 am and the first thing I did was burst into tears - i just felt that everything was too hard - couldn't face my jog - couldn't face stresscos (no food in the cupboard) - couldn't make a decision but knew I wanted to cancel the day and stay in bed.

I didn't!  I dragged myself up - dried my tears - delegated stresscos to my kids and went out running.  For the first few minutes I was crying - just felt too overwhelmed with it all.  Anyway I ran for 8 minutes non stop!!! That is a huge success for me - so am well chuffed.  I kept going but we broke it down into run/walk - the block of runs were much longer than previously.  So here we are a few hours later - kids at the shops - my run was not a failure - getting ready to go out for lunch with a friend and have just sent an email to a woman for hypno to help me get on that plane in three weeks - so all in all an improvement since 7.30 this morning.

8 minutes!!!  Am well chuffed.  :clapping: Still got a long way to go but thats ok.  Xxx

changesbabe

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »

Ran my first mile today   :ola: its taken a long time to build up to this but I am well chuffed - got the biggest smile on my face all day today  :banana:  ;D ;D ;D

minuette

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »

Brilliant hot&spicy that's fantastic!!! :)

I remember when I first ran for 5 minutes in one go, I felt exactly as you do, I was so happy and pleased with myself, it's a great feeling.

There's no stopping you now!!  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8