Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sore breasts with Mirena Coil  (Read 59452 times)

Jellyb

Sore breasts with Mirena Coil
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »

Hi

I have recently had a Mirena Coil fitted (3 weeks ago) and am not on any additional hrt.

I have extremely sore breasts, even to the point where its waking me up at night.

Has anyone had anything similar with the Mirena, and how long does this pain go on for?

Thanks.

Taz2

Re: Sore breasts with Mirena Coil
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:24:55 AM »

Hopefully this will settle down in time Jellyb. It is down as one of the common side effects http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/sex-and-relationships/medicines/mirena.html

You may need to take something like evening primrose oil to help with the tenderness. I have never taken it but there may be someone else along soon who has.

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »

I think that others have mentioned that wearing a bra at night can help, Jellyb.  :foryou:
Bette x

Patricia

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:16:28 PM »

Hi Jellyb,  I've recently had the mirena Coil too - about three weeks ago like yourself.    I'm not experiencing sore breasts but will let you know if I do. Just at the finding out stage really.  I've also just started Elleste Solo 2mg, this morning in fact, and at the moment am experiencing that awful quivering feeling inside.  It's all experimental at this stage.  Hoping it's just my body adapting to this new regime.
Good luck with the coil Jellyb.  It's early days and the sore breasts might settle down soon.  I've been pleased so far with it. 

Onwards and upwards. Patx :) 

Jellyb

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »

Hi Patricia
That's nice to know someone who has the same as me and also in the same timeframe.
I'm not on any hrt as I have some unexpected ovarian tissue left (my ovaries were removed several years ago) and my consultant says that, if I feel ok, I can survive on the hormones that its producing.
I did get a period yesterday but my boobs are still really sore.
Hope your symptoms settle down soon.
x

Patricia

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:56:44 AM »

Hi Jellyb,

So far no sore breasts.  I have just posted on another thread Mirena and Oestrogel.  You might find something helpful there.  Patxx :)

Firewalker50

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 05:30:41 PM »

Hi JellyB

I had mirena coil fitted for contraception about 7 years ago.  I put on weight and breasts were tender then settled down.  It proved good for me overall and I had it in for around 4 years.

I recently had another one fitted after D&C, as part of HRT.  I have not had any breast tenderness this time, and the small amount of weight gain is most probably related to festive season and eating naughty things right now if I am honest with myself!

I am post menopausal, age 55 and have not added the oestrogen part of the HRT yet.  It seems to be fine so far (since August 2011).  I am open minded and would add oestrogen if required, or have mirena removed if it becomes a problem.  (I should say I had a year of conti HRT prior to the operation and mirena).

It can take a little while to settle down but it may prove to suit you, so give it a little time and I hope it works for you.

Fx

Badga

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »

I had my Mirena fitted 2 months ago.  This past few weeks my breasts have continued to swell and swell, and it is painful to even take my bra on and off!  How are you getting on with yours.  Have they settled down yet?  I am at clinic soon and not sure whether to get the Mirena removed, or give it a bit longer.  I am also extremely fatigued/tired with it too.  Which is also one of the known side effects.

All the best xx

Linsey44

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »

Hi everyone

A few years back i had the mirena coil and like you all i had some bother with sore boobs (they also got bigger) it did settle bit i did experience sore boobs on a regular basis due to the fact i was still ovulating and the sore boobs were just part of pmt symptoms, but not as bad as they were prior to the coil being fitted.

My coil initially made my pelvis area painful for around 3weeks and i sometimes got facial spots  but on the whole it was the best thing i had used.

Like most hormones / hrt they probably just need to settle into your system.