Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: TMJ - I've Found a Fantastic Book (inexpensive) for TMJ - by Physical Therapist  (Read 18532 times)

honeybun

This topic has just reminded me how much I miss Trey.

I know she pops in from time to time

Honeybun
X

babyjane

Oh yes, I have an anterior open bite and I have all of your listed things sparky. If I just my lower jaw forward my tinnitus and buzzing stop for a moment.   Unless I get my jaw aligned things will not improve but I don't have about £4,000 for orthodontic treatment so my chiropractor does his best and the rest makes me depressed.

This is from the British Tinnitus association and is about the relationship between TMJ and Tinnitus

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/TMJ

babyjane

mine too especially if I have something chewy to eat or I put too much food in my mouth at one time.   I am sure my recent salivary gland stone was also connected due to my tendency not to chew too much, which means not so much saliva is being produced.
 I have recently started chewing a small piece of gum for 10 minutes once a day to stimulate saliva production and I have noticed less dry mouth since doing this  :).

honeybun

I have tinnitus but mine has been caused by recurrent ear infections. I'm now slightly deaf in that ear. I also have jaw pain but I'm aware of clenching especially when I'm stressed. I often waken up with a stiff jaw but my dentist says there is no evidence of tooth grinding.

When I have a sore jaw I rub on a little ibuprofen gel night and morning and it helps as does a hot bag.

Honeybun
X
Pages: 1 2 [3]