Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone on Sandrena gel?  (Read 59077 times)

Dyan

Anyone on Sandrena gel?
« on: November 27, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »

I would like to hear of your experiences please-thanks.

Dyan X

Val.M

Re: Anyone on Sandrena gel?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30:13 PM »

Hi Dyan

Is Sandrena the gel in a sachet?  I was on this a few years ago but found it too high a dose at the time unfortunately.  I also found it difficult to rub in over a certain area - I think it said over a handspan or something like that?

I think I stuck with it for about 3 months but due to the Estrogen level being too high for me, had to give up and go on to 25mcg patches.

Definitely worth a try though Dyan, I've had major problems in the past, (and even now) with being able to tolerate "normal" estrogen doses but it may very well work for you!

Good luck
Valxx

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »

Hi Val,
Thanks for your reply.
How did you feel on the too high dose?

Dyan X

Val.M

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »

Anxious and irritable :o  Just not myself at all.... I just felt "wrong" and wasn't sure whether I needed more Estrogen or more Progesterone :-\  Tried to cut down but to be honest, the gel is really hard to do that with.  Mind you - that was when I was in the Perimenopause and I had little or no idea of anything ;  I was so confused - when I found this Forum and all of the advice on offer - I became unconfused ;D

Valxx

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »

Hi Dyan, I was on Sandrena earlier this year for about 6 months. At first it worked well, then too well (had to cut down as had sore swollen boobs), then it stopped working altogether and I had to go back on to pills...which now aren't working that well either. I stick to low dose HRT for family history reasons.

None of this means that it won't work for you. The gel is certainly easier than a patch in that it can't fall off.
I remember I applied it to alternate thighs on alternate days. HTH

Melbury

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 07:09:28 PM »

I am Oestrogel, is that similar to Sandrena? 

Have just upped the dose to two pumps per day, so waiting to see if anything good happens :)  One pump didn't make any difference at all.

I do hope it works, I find it so easy to use, much better than taking a tablet - I hate tablets >:(

skkb

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »

I've been on Sandrena for ages, it's fab, works well, low dose, which is easy to vary and it does exactly what it "says on the tin". Worth giving it a try for you definitely..........

Dyan

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:59 AM »

Thanks everyone :)
Melbury the sandrena does contain oestrogel so it's probably same / similar
to what you are using.
I think it may be kicking in as I do feel a little better today.
Yesterday was a weird day,felt sort of high :o but at the same time
felt ratty >:(.
My poor Hubby noticed I think,but kept quiet- bless him!

I suppose the hormones have to level out as I've gone from pills to the gel.

It's only been a few days.
I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks all for your support :)

Love Dyan X

Bette

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »

This is from the Green Menu:-
OESTROGEL   2* measures once daily (1.5mg estradiol) increased if necessary to max 4 daily (3.0mg estradiol)   Â£4.80 for
64-dose pump
SANDRENA    1 application daily 0.5mg or 1mg -dose range 0.5 to 1.5mg daily.   Â£5.18 & £5.96

Bette x

Melbury

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »

Thanks for that Bette, so Sandrena is a much lower dose of oestrogen than Oestrogel.

Judy

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »

Hi Dyan,

I have been using Sandrena 1mg gel for a year and it has been a blessing.
I am a lot older than you but still suffer from hot flushes, depression , irritability in fact all the menopausal symptons you can think of!  I had a total hysterectomy many years ago and used HRT on a regular basis for years and was fine.   I landed up in another country and a whole new culture, anti HRT, my GP refused to allow me to continue with HRT so went with out for 6 years, the worst in my life.  Through Menopause Matters I found a clinic and have been prescribed Sandrena, I am eternally grateful
to this site for all the advice and guidance available, my husband can't believe the change in me, I am a much nicer person to live with! Judy

Bette

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »

Hi Judy
Just wanted to say how nice it is to hear from you again.  :foryou:
Also - and I hope that you don't mind me saying this - but it's great to hear from an "older" lady who is still on HRT, as we often get pretty desperate "newbies" on here who are being told that they have to come off it because they have reached their gps idea of "a certain age." I'm blessed with a gp who has told me that she has patients on it in their 70s and sees no problem with that, so I'm determined to keep hold of her!  ;D
Bette x

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

Hi Judy,
I'm so glad you're doing well on sandrena,it's so good to hear positive things. :)
I'm a week in now of using it and I feel it is making a difference.
I've also been wearing a testosterone patch for 2 weeks,twice weekly.
I'm now feeling more like my old self.Whether it is the patch or gel or both
I don't know, but who cares as long as I feel 'NORMAL' again. :)

Love Dyan X

Bette

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »

:congrats: Dyan. Long may it last!
Bette x

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »

Just catching up on something said a while back about Sandrena and Oestrogel/Estrogel. It looks like Oestrogel contains Estradiol ( not sure which kind) and Sandrena contains Estradiol hemihydrate. I'm not sure whether that might make a difference to the dosage. It;s getting late for me to be on the comp and I've had a couple of drinks ( ;D) - it;s Friday night (!) so haven;t had a chance to look it up properly!
Whatever it is, looks like it's working for some of you!
Good to hear you;re feeling better Dyan - do let us know if the T patch has the desired effect  ;)
Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2