Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: R.I.P. Jimmy Savile  (Read 52085 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Steve Coogan to portray Saville
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2023, 07:36:20 PM »

Tnx I thought that I was over reacting.  What's in the heads of the writer/s in the first instance  >:(
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:07:02 AM by CLKD »

Penguin

Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Savile
« Reply #136 on: October 07, 2023, 07:40:12 PM »

Tnx I thought that I was over reacting.  What's in the heads of the writer/s in the first instance  >:(

Money. And ratings.

Penguin

« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2023, 07:40:36 PM »

It is just in bad taste imo.

CLKD

Steve Coogan .......
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2023, 07:42:03 PM »

What have they come to ............ no respect.  It's the BBC ?  not what I pay my Licence Fee for.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:07:20 AM by CLKD »

Penguin

« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2023, 08:02:22 PM »

When I read about it today, there was something about the documentary leaving out an important report or something and not covering it, something that reflected badly on the BBC I think. So it doesn't even sound like it is an honest portrayal of how it was all handled.

ElkWarning

« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »

A few thoughts:

I wasn't allowed to watch Saville as a kid because my dad said he was a pervert. To be honest, I don't know how anyone missed this. Didn't the weirdo super revealing satin running shorts give it away???

Secondly, Coogan is a nice guy. One of my kids was besties with his kid and I used to live down the road from his mom. What he's doing here is pointing out the uncomfortable truth that either everyone knew, or it was so obvious that everyone should have known. People don't like uncomfortable truths and generally want to shoot the messenger.

Autumnwalks

« Reply #141 on: October 07, 2023, 10:22:23 PM »

I sometimes forget this isn't like Facebook where I spend so much of my time and that you can't "like" posts.  ;D Consider your post "liked" ElkWarning.  :)

CLKD

Steve Coogan
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2023, 08:08:20 AM »

U might have 1-hand knowledge however, I've found him creepy ...........

jaypo

« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2023, 08:43:26 AM »

I must admit I like Steve Coogan too,not his Alan Partridge tbh although some of it was funny,he was really good in Philomena with Judi Dench,he also comes across as a nice guy in interviews etc.
I believe (or what I read) the victims were consulted and their input was used to make the series BUT I agree,what's the point,we've seen every documentary about him,we don't now need this. In fact even thinking about him makes my skin crawl

Autumnwalks

« Reply #144 on: October 08, 2023, 12:59:12 PM »

Yes, a very sensitive performance in Philomena. Apparently four of his victims have waived anonymity to talk at the beginning of each programme to highlight how he got away with it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 01:04:56 PM by Autumnwalks »

Minusminnie

« Reply #145 on: October 08, 2023, 02:18:00 PM »

I wasn't allowed to watch Saville as a kid because my dad said he was a pervert. To be honest, I don't know how anyone missed this.

Me I'm afraid !  My children used to collect autographs and each had a book to stick ones in or for someone to write in. 
They queued at the Marine Camp Open Day when Saville sat on a podium and signed autographs.  I also took photos when their turn came.
Don't worry my now adult children often remind me of my bad judgement.

jaypo

« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2023, 02:29:22 PM »

Yes, a very sensitive performance in Philomena. Apparently four of his victims have waived anonymity to talk at the beginning of each programme to highlight how he got away with it.
Yes,amazing film,which makes me cry every time I watch it 🙄
Minusminnie,you didn't think he looked creepy?!? Haha nice of your children to remind you  ;D
He always creeped me out but Rolf Harris on the other hand ...... :-\

Minusminnie

« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2023, 02:52:30 PM »

Minusminnie,you didn't think he looked creepy?!? Haha nice of your children to remind you  ;D

[/quote]

Maybe just as an odd individual.

CLKD

Christian Horner
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2024, 08:12:43 PM »

Facing allegations - at the beginning of the F1 season.  A meeting is to take place on Friday. 

The future of the Red Bull Formula 1 team is in the spotlight as their boss Christian Horner faces an internal hearing on Friday into a complaint of inappropriate behaviour.

The 50-year-old, who has led Red Bull Racing since its founding in 2005, will be quizzed by an independent lawyer on the complaint.

Parent company Red Bull Gmbh, based near Salzburg in Austria, said on Monday that it is taking the allegations against Horner "extremely seriously".

The team has not confirmed the nature of the complaint made against Horner but BBC Sport understands the claims relate to an allegation of inappropriate and controlling behaviour.

Married to Geri Halliwell .........
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 06:58:22 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]