Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: What are you wearing today  (Read 160118 times)

Joyce

Re: What are you wearing today
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »

Today, it's black jeans black T & a black & cream stripy jumper.  Stripes again!!!  I do have stuff without stripes, honest.  Must make a bigger effort tomorrow!   ;D

Gobe

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »

Jeans and a black  long sleeved tshirt. No point in posting here again since I only ever wear the same stuff every day.  I like the concept of dressing the same way every day. It comforts me. I have a dozen of the same tshirts, 6 identical black bras, 4 pairs of the same jeans.  I am very obsessive compulsive about this.  I also have duplicates of the indoor clothes I wear. 

The only time I deviate from my "uniforms" are social occasions or nights out. To cover those occasions I have one pair of leather high heel court shoes and a pair of leather ankle boots, a black dress, a black pencil skirt, and a black pair of dress trousers, and a pair of black good jeans.  The only thing I ever need buy are some new tops to mix and match my capsule wardrobe.  I have always been this way. I am not sure why but I cannot stand too much choice.  Does not mean I don't care about what I wear because I do.  I am very fussy.  My handbags and backpack have to be leather ditto my shoes.  Things must fit me perfectly or they get binned or donated. 

I have never met anyone else like me  but I don't care.  I dress to please myself.  It also simplifies my life and I never have the problem of not knowing what to wear! 

After reading all the posts in this thread I do realise that I am somewhat uncommon in being female and limiting my selection of clothes like this but it is what I like to do.  I love simplicity.  In another life I would have loved to have been a monk living in a cell with just one change of clothes and endless contemplation.  Or maybe I am just a tad eccentric. ;D

ricky

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

Same as yesterday, but with clean knicks and a different jumper

Firewalker50

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »

Black trousers, black vest and grey/black/white floaty long-ish top to hid the bumps, black boots.
Dress down day at work today  :)

ricky

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »

Have a fab time Mrs p  8)

viv

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »

Skinny faded jeans with black ankle boots. Lilac striped long sleeved T shirt. Mis matching underwear as usual  ::)

Just back from shopping and it was all covered by my ski jacket as its pouring down.  :(

Joggers tonight with comfy jumper and fluffy socks.

Honeyb
x

Have a lovely holiday Mrs P.

Firewalker50

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »

Have a lovely red and purple weekend Mrs. P.  Hope the weather is nice.
Fx

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 03:40:22 PM »

Enjoy yourself Mrs P!

Bex wish I could work a capsule wardrobe.  My hangers & shelves groan under the weight of "what if" clothes!  ;)

Firewalker50

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »

I would like someone to take my wardrobe, throw it in the bin and style me.  I love the idea of a capsule wardrobe - never seem to manage it though.  I hate my size and shape so hate clothes shopping and so rarely buy anything.  I resent having to pay money for clothes when I don't like how I look.  I come home from shops distressed and with nothing after hours of trying on.  Catch 22 and very negative view of things I know.  I think I need to work on my train of thought for that one.

I had all sizes in my wardrobe from (hope I will get into it soon, to better not throw it out since I have very little left).  I decided to throw out everything that did not fit me now and now I have loads of space and not many hangers with clothes on  ???

Out with the old and in with the new I thought.  Now just need to find the money and the clothes that fit to replace some of it.  And I guess the confidence to know what is in fashion and what suits me now.

x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »

Mix and match - 3 base outfits with accessories plus layers.  i.e. one pencil skirt and several shirts, plus tank-tops if required plus jewellery and boots to match.  i.e. one pair of smart trousers plus shirts, jacket and short boots ......... I'm too fond of my current wardrobe to throw much!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »

Have been out for the morning so am still dressed fairly nicely.  I have on a lime green and grey tunic dress and black leggings.  They're quite loose, I don't like to see tight leggings on more mature ladies.

I also have on my gorgeous new grey suede biker boots which are very comfy indeed.
I also took a dark green fringed shawl to throw over if it got cool, but it is beautifully warm and sunny, so not required.

gilaray

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 02:40:13 PM »

Today as we are going out I am wearing a black and grey sixties style dress with thick tights and long boots.
During the day I was wearing an ancient sleeveless top with leggings and slippers - very glam!

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 03:04:55 PM »

No stripes for me today ladies.  Plain red top with black trousers.  I have on very jazzy littlemissmatch socks which I bought in Florida.

Dyan

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

Jade green short sleeved top cos I've been hot  :hotflash: today.
jeans,as usual, and my red socks with white elephants all over them.
Love Ele's!

coffee mate

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 03:49:41 PM »

This morning I was wearing same black jeans as yesterday, blue v-neck jumper, lace up ankle boots, long fish tail brown cardi to do my shopping.

Now I'm home I've kicked off my boots, jeans and jumper and am now comfy in my tracky bottoms and long baggy t-shirt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67