Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: The MM Recipe Exchange  (Read 191902 times)

honeybun

Re: The MM Recipe Exchange
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »

Thanks Meggie....sounds nice.

We had fish and veggie kebabs on the barbie last night although they can be done under the grill.

Salmon
Monkfish or any other firm white fish
Large prawns
Peppers
Cherry tomatoes
Onions.

Cut fish into chunks and thread onto skewers separating each with tomatoes veg .

Juice two limes and mix with a glug of olive oil. Pour over fish and season leave to marinate for a couple of hours. Cook for about ten mins and serve with crusty bread and salad.

Rowan

« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »

Meggie and HB those meals sound delicious, will certainly make them though will have to grill as don't have Barbie.

CLKD not got round to making lavender drink yet, being lazy and buying elderflower and rose from supermarket, I picked up some apple pear and peach fruit juice from Waitrose today.

Have picked lots of lavender though and have in the house.

minkusmum

« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »

This is from a very old Saînsbury's recipe book - it's quick, cheap and healthy  :)

Serves 2

Boil enough pasta for two. Meanwhile heat through contents of a small tin of tuna in oil (drain the oil first) and a small tin of anchovies in a generous amount of olive oil. Season with pepper and add chopped parsley for colour.

Buon appetito.

Rowan

« Reply #243 on: August 30, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »

Lived on Brewers Yeast powder when I was younger, fantastic for skin and hair, now I am going back to it to mix with Smoothies.

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7360/5-reasons-why-im-obsessed-with-nutritional-yeast.html

Rowan

« Reply #244 on: November 09, 2014, 01:15:29 PM »

Millykin

« Reply #245 on: November 09, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

Great looking for more glutrn free recipes
X

Hattie

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2014, 02:53:54 PM »

This is a stuffing that i have used in a Turkey at Xmas for several years in the main cavity of the turkey. Everyone prefers it to other stuffing i've tried.

I have found that HALF of this recipe is enough stuffing for a 13 odd lb turkey - the stuffing binds together when cooked and the butter in it keeps the turkey moist - remaining stuffing is nice the next day too with cold turkey.

MIXED-GRAIN RICE STUFFING

2 X 135g pkts Countrywild rice (blend of brown and wild rices)

125g (4oz) Butter

1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped

2 Carrots, peeled and finely diced

1 Stick celery, finely diced

1 Garlic clove, peeled and chopped

125g (4oz) lightly smoked bacon , diced

Cook the rice according to the pkt instructions.

Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan then add the onions, carrots,celery and garlic.Cook for 2-3 minutes until the vegatables begin to soften.

Add the bacon and cook for another minute.

Stir this mixture into the rice and season. Allow the mixture to cool before using to stuff the turkey.

The texture will be a little crumbly but when cooked with the turkey it swells and binds together.

Hattie

« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2014, 03:11:06 PM »

This is a recipe for leftover Turkey that really doesn't look very appetising but tastes quite nice. An old Marguerite Patten recipe so all in ozs i'm afraid.

TURKEY A LA KING  - 20 minutes cooking time - serves 4

2oz Butter or margarine

2oz mushrooms

Half to 1 red or green pepper

1oz extra butter or chicken fat

1oz flour

Quarter pint milk and Quarter pint chicken stock OR Half pint milk

seasoning

1 egg

8 - 12 oz cooked turkey

2-3 tablespoons thin cream

To serve - Hot buttered toast

Heat the butter in a pan, add the sliced mushrooms and sliced pepper ( seeds and core removed) and cook
gently until tender.

Make a sauce of 1oz butter flour and milk season well.

When the sauce is thick add the egg and cream blended together.

Cook gently without boiling for 2-3 minutes.

Add the turkey, cooked mushrooms and pepper and heat together for a few minutes.

Serve on hot buttered toast.

Dulciana

« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »

I made two batches of mulled wine this Christmas.  I love the stuff - it's warming, festive  - and soothing if you've got a cold.

Here's how I make it:

1 bottle red wine - a decent label (at a reduced price, if you can get it) makes all the difference
1 litre smooth fresh orange juice
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 sachets mulled wine spices
1 large orange, sliced

Pour wine and orange juice into heavy pan.  Add sugar and mulled wine spice sachets.  Stir gently to mix together.  Place slices of orange on top.   Put on to a very low heat and leave to simmer gently for about an hour +.    When ready, it should be hot but not boiling.    Decant into heatproof glasses.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:09:58 PM by Dulciana »

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »

Not been through all the recipes so apologies if this one has come up before - but its one of my favourites and really quick and easy with minimal washing up- handy for using up over ripe bananas - I usually add a teaspoon of mixed spice to it gives it a lovely flavour

Banana Loaf

Ingredients
125g butter
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
190g self raising flour
60 ml milk

Method
Grease & line a 2lb loaf tin.  Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat
Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well
Add the beaten egg, mix well
Stir in the flour (& spice if using) and milk
Pour into the prepared tin, sprink with some demerera sugar to give a crunchy top if desired
Bake at 170C/150C fan/Gas 3 for 35 mins or until skewer comes out clean

Really is delicious!

kerrieann

« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2015, 09:07:59 PM »

just noticed this recipe and i happen to have 3 over ripe bananas   will have to be made in the morning  :)    just dont like shop cakes always seem dry, apart from fresh cream cakes of course  :cupcake:

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »

Hope you like it!  I could eat it all day!

kerrieann

« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »

havent made a start yet but iam sure we will love it  do you need to butter it like malt loaf or is it nice on its own ?

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2015, 09:20:52 AM »

Personally I eat it as it is - but I guess you could butter it - its lovely warm....

BrightLight

« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »

Lunch box snack in seconds.

Coconut yoghurt, frozen berries, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla bean and a splash of maple syrup.

Blitz,  put in little pots and refrigerate overnight. Top with berries and toasted coconut chips.

Easy, nutritious and totally yum!

:)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21