Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Embarrassing Bodies  (Read 23575 times)

honeybun

Re: Embarrassing Bodies
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 08:29:19 PM »

But why on national TV.

Sorry I just don't get it.

It's like Jeremy Kyle only for your bits.

You would not and would never have got me on this kind on programme.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »

Nor me  ;) - but many people go there because their GPs or Consultants have reached the end of the road treatment wise.  One man has been told to live with his condition but the Consultant tonight told him that help is available.  In the same way as we have to fish around for info. this programme enables people to make more informed choices about their conditions.  It should also enlighten the medical world that help is out there, knowing where to find it for patients is often hard work!  I know that they attend Conferences but .........

On a slighly more embarrassing note: a man was complaining of an itchy 'bottom' and I note that before these flare ups (bladder problems) I itch high up in the back passage .......... could there be a connection  :-\
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:42:02 PM by CLKD »

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »

Worms?

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 04:06:26 AM »

Emb Teens they dont show their bits boys or girls
I watched that the teen one and it gives them so much more knowledge
One girls labias were massive she was 18 and allowed it to be shown poor wee thing
She was standing and they were hanging down about 1inch She had the op they showed that but only that bit
She was thrilled after wards shed spent 5 years hiding and they didnt ask her to show them they just talked
As to payment I think I read some where that if an appt is needed they get Private treetment as in a few weeks wait
Same for any operation  it is paid for and the teeth ones but thats it NO money changes hands Wish i could remember?
I find it interesting and I saw the period one the small amount we actually loose when we think we are heavy was !
The girls weed in to a bottle funny shape one everytime they needed to go to see then how much blood is lost
They also had to keep a record over 3 or 4 days as to how many STS they wors none were allowed to use Tampons
It was amazing the results the girl who thought she bled like a stuck pig actually lost the least amount
But diff things for diff people interesting though and you can always look away xxx

Elena

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 07:37:55 AM »

I can see both points of view - on the one hand celebrity culture has a lot to answer for.  Everybody wants their 5 minutes of fame, even if it's just to flash their manky bits  ;D.  On the other hand, as CLKD says, if it helps somebody who has been too embarrassed to see their GP then it is a positive thing.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »

A mention on another topic here reminded me:

3 men had their poo examined.  One was told to increase his intake of pro-biotic as there wasn't enough bacteria in the sample he had provided.  Apparently the poo sample requires to show a lot more bacteria than initially thought .......... then our systems are 'topped up' enough.  Off to find the Actimel pot  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »

I saw that too CLKD - although my GP advises that it is better to take the acidopholus capsules rather than the drinks - they contain far more of the probiotic.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »

I drink the pots to help take my evening medication and have not looked for the capsules.  Bought some LIVE yoghurt today ....... (and no, not worms ;-) )

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 09:16:15 PM »

I have just 're ordered my pro biotic capsules.

They really help my stomach. Unfortunately yogurt and the drinks are just not effective.

Honeyb
X

Elena

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »

What does acidopholus help with Taz?  Does it aid digestion?

Taz2

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »

Yes it does although I only take it if I have to use antibiotics in order to prevent thrush developing. I am sending you a link via pm which gives details of what it does etc.

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »

HB please can you explain how they help your stomach in case they would help me with mine.

thank you :)

honeybun

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »

I have diverticulosis and IBS. The capsules just help with good bacteria in your stomach.

It keeps the gut healthy which is really important for me.

It also keeps your bowels regular.....Sorry if TMI.

I usually have a compare on line to see if there are any good offers on.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »

Certainly without drinking at least 3 pots of Actimel daily my bowels slow up  >:(

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 08:37:48 PM »

There are very few active bacteria in Actimel although I guess it's better than nothing. Yogurt is much the same unfortunately.

You really need something quite strong to feel the true benefit.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4