Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Embarrassing Bodies  (Read 23580 times)

leony

Re: Embarrassing Bodies
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 08:07:12 AM »

I have enough probs discussing that type of thing with my own GP as i am a private person suppose it was my upbringing loved my parents to bits but you didn't discuss that sort of thing only in whispers and the fact that i had 5 brothers so defo would not go on tv to talk about it. Must be a bit prudish but if others feel comfortable doing it up to them at least it educates us. 8)

coffee mate

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »

I suppose it is educating, but how can they call it "Embarrassing Bodies" if they are willing to display it to the nation?  :-\

Rosebush

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »

Well i think i would pop along to one of their mobile clinics if they would do my veins, would not mind showing my knee's to the nation.. but as for anything else.. :o x

messyredhead

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »

Sorry I wont watch this programme.  Why go on national TV to discuss something they too embarrassed to speak to a GP about.

You can report back to all of us who dont like this kind of TV.

::) ::)

Honeyb
x

I have to agree.  The programme is embarrassing!!! ... These people must be paid rediculous amounts of money to air these problems. :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »

I don't know whether they are paid .......... that's something you would need to take up with the Producers!

beaglelady

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

I was approached to go on the latest series as they are doing an article on early menopause.  I refused as I also would never flash my ladybits on tv.  They did however do a telephone with me to ask me set questions about how early menopause affects you so they could put my comments on the website etc. 

san

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »

I was approached to go on the latest series as they are doing an article on early menopause.  I refused as I also would never flash my ladybits on tv.  They did however do a telephone with me to ask me set questions about how early menopause affects you so they could put my comments on the website etc.
how did they find you?

beaglelady

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »

They contacted More to Life a charity for childless women who knew I was going through early menopause.  The media co-ordinator gave them my details.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

Did the Media Co-ordinator ask you first?

As for EB, if by people talking about their problems which may seem 'way out' to others it encourages sufferers to come forwards, then it has to be a 'good' programme.  Maybe the title could be better but if it means that people have a sneaky look-see  ;)

beaglelady

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »

Yes as I have agreed to help with articles on infertility/health issues but they still check with me too.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:04:15 PM by beaglelady »

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »

Phew!

Well, am going to open a lager and get onto that settee  ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »

That shows starting here tonight on Ozz TV
The promos have shown a women on her back with a sheet FK A DUCK
NO BLOODY WAY OZZ ISNT READY bet its only on a couple of weeks
Mind I did go in to the site a year or so ago and learned more about NOT having a prolapse
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »

ON soon ........ and the programme about stick v large is on this week too  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »

Open Clinic Live was on this evening.  Two men with penis problems and a very young Surgeon who can help!  Another lady with vaginal problems and pain after sex which she has suffered for about a year  :-\ ....... she is being referred to a Gynaecologist.  I hadn't watched the Live programme before so found it interesting.  The 2 men had seen various GPs and Consultants but only this particular guy was offering hope ........

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »

Oh forgot to mention - it was reiterated that however embarrassed, worried, scared: we MUST go for our smears when called  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4