Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Embarrassing Bodies  (Read 23574 times)

Jillymoo

Embarrassing Bodies
« on: March 20, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »

Just seen in the TV Guide that this week's programme features women talking about and gauging how much menstrual blood they lose each month......should be interesting, as I think it's a subject we've touched on on here if I remember right?

I think the percieved,medical 'norm' is supposed to be around two tablespoons.
Yeah right.....during a bad month,I could probably fill the average hand basin (or so it feels  :-\ )

Anyhoos,think it's at 9pm Friday....CH4/5?

xx

viv

Re: Embarrassing Bodies
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Sorry I wont watch this programme.  Why go on national TV to discuss something they too embarrassed to speak to a GP about.

You can report back to all of us who dont like this kind of TV.

::) ::)

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:50 PM »

Let us know.  I don't watch it either.  Can't understand why they can't go to their own GP.  I'd much rather do that than have my bits aired in public.

viv

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »

Oooooo me too

Honeyb
x

Eddie

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »

I don't have a problem watching it, just forget sometimes, i would never show my bits to strangers, just virtual ones. It's okay i've put my clothes back on now. lol  ;D

coffee mate

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »

Thank goodness for that Eddie, ;D
no seriously I definitely will not be watching...when I have caught glimpses of it it leaves me feeling sick yuk.
If its called embarrassing bodies,,,why on earth do they go on national TV and show it all off :o it doesn't make sense.
At least Eddie does it in the privacy of her own home, isn't that right Eddie? ;) ;D
cm xx

Eddie

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »

Yup, that's right, curtains wide open and BIG light on!  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »

I best be careful driving in your neck of the woods then!  Might cause an accident!   ;D ;D ;D

Eddie

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:48 PM »

I often wondered why we had so many dog walkers in our street, good sense of humour, that's it. Eddie X

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 09:32:11 PM »

I don't understand how these people can be embarrassed and go on television but, on the other hand, this sort of programme may just help others who are embarrassed to talk to their doc or who just want to know if they are normal or not. So, I won't be watching it but there may be others out there who will benefit.

(I have got my clothes on by the way)  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »

I'm dressed but not washed  ;) and I think that the programme is to help others who won't go to their doctors and also those that have but have been unable to get treatment which helps until they find these particular Doctors who actually listen.  I saw the trailer for this and thought I could fill a bucket at times  >:( the programme wasn't on last Friday  ??? .........

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 07:36:36 PM »

Starts tonight - if I can stay awake long enough  ;)

jgr

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

I do watch it when i remember or have not fell asleep. I also don't understand why they go on national TV and flash their bits, some people will do anything to get on the telly.
It can be an interesting program though.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

If it guides people with problems to their own GPs and health can be improved then anything that helps must be a positive!

countrybumpkin

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »

Should be interesting.

A few years ago when I was having terrible dysfunctional bleeding my Dr told me how to work out my blood loss by weighing sanitary wear and convering the grammes to mls :o  I can't remember the exact conversion I think it was 50 g equalled 80mls or something but I remember anything over 80mls is considered excessive bleeding.  It was hilarious having to remember to leave my kitchen scales in the bathroom ( and coming up with explanation to any visitor who used the loo ;D) and weighing the pad before using it then weighing it again after and believe me every one weighed different before use! 
It did stop me panicking a bit but of coure could not weigh what went down the loo (sorry tmi!).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4