Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's this pain?  (Read 10462 times)

Trey

Re: What's this pain?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 09:06:22 PM »

I find both these posts fascinating, if not terribly frustrating.  The body seems to have a determination and how confusing to sort it all out.

Jellyb

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »

Hi Taz2

No, I don't have endo.  That was checked for when I had an edomentrial ablation last year.

Jellyb

Jellyb

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »

Thanks Susan,

I'm hoping that this will finally sort things out for me. 

I am told that the Mirene will be in for 4 years and then we'll review if I want another one.

I've been off my hrt since August but have struggled in the last few weeks so my Consultant said I can go back on my Premique until I have the procedure in January.  Hopefully the crying & moodiness will recede over Xmas.

Jellyb

Jellyb

Re: What's this pain? Update
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 11:05:03 AM »

Well, I had my hysteroscopy on Saturday and the Mirena put in.  So far I feel very tired and have bad cramps and bleeding but otherwise ok.

Due to the fact that I do have some ovarian tissue left (that they thought had been removed years ago) I am producing some hormones naturally.  My consultant has said that I don't need to take any additional HRT if I don't feel that I need it so I'm going to see how I get on.  He has given me some Evorel 50 patches just in case I need them.

Would love to go without if possible as I've only just turned 40 and want to put of hrt for as long as I can.

Bette

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »

Personally, I'd say that it's better to use HRT earlier if you feel that you need it. The risks are lower at your age and it can help to protect your heart and bones and keep the dreaded VA away. The patches are the safest of the lot.  ;)
Hope that the Mirena settles quickly and that you start feeling better soon.  :foryou:
Bette x

Jellyb

Re: What's this pain - Ovarian Remnant - Update
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »

Just an update (and addition to my other post about can a coil move?).
Saw my consultant today, as I've been having all the symptoms of an ovarian cyst (have had enough of them over the years to know what it feels like).
Following a scan I have a 5cm cyst on some remaining ovarian tissue.
Looks like i'll be having an op to remove the cyst & the tissue.
Am really fed up as I've been having cysts/ops since 1996 and that's why I had both ovaries removed, thought it would stop all this.  I know it is hard to get all of the tissue when having an op but to have to have a large stomach cut again is not something that I'm relishing - even if it does mean 5 weeks off work.

Suzi Q

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »

OH JELLY B XXXXXXXXXXXXX :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Pages: 1 [2]