Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: strange burning sensation  (Read 3594 times)

Evenstar

strange burning sensation
« on: October 27, 2013, 10:09:37 PM »

About four days ago, I started having a burning sensation all down my right thigh and upper leg. There was nothing visible but the pain kept waking me up all that night.
   Over the next couple of days it gradually got less painful and turned to numbness. Today, its almost totally gone.
      Have never had anything like this before and wondered if anyone else could shed some light on what it might have been. Quite puzzled.

Taz2

Re: strange burning sensation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 10:14:23 PM »

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »

I have had this, my Osteopath seems to have sorted it out, I still have a little tenderness on my right thigh, but the burning and numbness has gone.

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

I think it might be this http://www.patient.co.uk/health/meralgia-paraesthetica-leaflet

Taz  x

My goodness, yes, that sounds just like it. How weird. Wonder what caused that then!

Evenstar

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »

I have had this, my Osteopath seems to have sorted it out, I still have a little tenderness on my right thigh, but the burning and numbness has gone.

What did they do to sort it out?

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 11:41:23 AM »

Well she is treating me for a stuck sacroiliac joint on my left side, but she is working on both sides, she does a lot of pressing and massaging and movements to free up ligaments and nerves, and gradually its freeing things up.

It can be caused by a femoral nerve impingement  http://www.healthcentral.com/encyclopedia/408/35.html#encyc_treatment?ic=506019
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:45:27 PM by silverlady »

Evenstar

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »

Well at least if I get it again I shall know what it is  :)  No need to go to the Drs really with all you knowledgable ladies on here ;)
    Hope your treatment continues to work. Sounds like I was lucky mine went so quickly

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

Stay well xxxxxxx