Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Bigger breasts HELP  (Read 457 times)

ACameron

• First Flush
Bigger breasts HELP
« on: May 13, 2024, 11:58:36 PM »

Hello, I have started on Estrogel. It has been 5 weeks and my breasts have increased dramatically in size. I'm thinking of stopping the Estrogel because I can't stand this increase. How do I prevent my breasts from getting even bigger?

Arya Underfoot

Re: Bigger breasts HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 03:59:58 AM »

During hormone increases you usually get sore swollen breasts, but it should settle down after a few weeks. Perhaps consider dropping your dose, not sure how much you're taking. Are you taking progesterone as well? I remember in peri my boobs went up a cup size, then eventually dropped 2 cup sizes once I was in post. With any new HRT, side effects should settle down in the first month and then it can take 3 months to work on your symptoms. It can be quite a difficult ride finding the right balance. Don't give up just yet.

ACameron

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 05:27:07 AM »

Thank you for replying.

I am on 1 pump at the moment. I wonder if there are any other options with lower doses of estrogen.

No, I don't need progesterone.

It has been 5 weeks and they are still growing. I'm worried they will not settle.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 05:37:01 AM »

Thank you for replying.

I am on 1 pump at the moment. I wonder if there are any other options with lower doses of estrogen.

No, I don't need progesterone.

It has been 5 weeks and they are still growing. I'm worried they will not settle.

Depress the pump all the way down, draw a line around it with a sharpie, then you'll know how far it goes down and can mark a half way pump = half a pump dispensed!
That's what I did recently when I was tapering off estrogel.
Avoid taking alternate days if that is suggested because you really want to avoid the fluctuations in levels that that causes.
Good luck, it is hard, my breasts never really settled on estrogel and were larger / firmer than I was comfortable with. Stopping estrogel and this is first cycle without sore breasts from day 8!!

ACameron

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 07:16:36 AM »

Thank you for that tip, I will try it. But, I'm thinking like you have experienced that my breasts will not settle on Estrogel. Are you taking an alternative to Estrogel?

Penguin

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 08:28:08 AM »

Thank you for that tip, I will try it. But, I'm thinking like you have experienced that my breasts will not settle on Estrogel. Are you taking an alternative to Estrogel?

No I have stopped completely for the moment, felt I just couldn't get the dose right in peri (my estrogen kept going too high) and I couldn't cope with the 12 days on progesterone either. If I ever do hrt again I'll use a less conventional route like compounded hormones tailored to the dose I need, but that's not something I can advise. For the sore breasts though I've seen evening primrose or starflower oil suggested on here.

ACameron

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 09:21:15 AM »

Thank you for those suggestions. I know nothing about compounded hormones but I've actually been meaning to buy Evening Primrose. I will look into Starflower Oil.