Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I have gained weight since starting HRT and my self esteem is in the dumps.  (Read 966 times)

loonarider

Hi,

Some of you may have seen/responded to my last post concerning the mirena coil removal due to very worrying side effects causing me to feel suicidal. It has been a week and today was the day that I was going to either have it removed or keep it. Within that time, I had upped the estrogen to 2 doses (2 sprays of Lenzetto). And my nights have been blissful, quite miraculous really. So I decided against having the coil removed as it seems counteracting the progesterone with more estrogen has worked.

BUT, literally for the past week and a half my weight has been creeping up, so much so that I have gained a stone. I eat healthily, I exercise 3-4 days a week. So this is really disappointing and is really affecting my self-esteem which is alreaady low most of the time. It really hurts, as I planned to for the first time in years sit on the beach in a bikini. I was looking pretty good until the past few weeks - the bloat and weight gain seemed to come overnight, its quite scary and the cellulite that has appeared at the front of my thighs has become almost like out of a sci fi movie. It's actually shocking, as it wasn't like that just a few weeks ago. Weird!

So, now stumped. If I stop the Estrogel or reduce it all those scary symtpoms could return. Or could it be the coil, does progesterone cause weight gain?

Should I try a different estrogen? I'm confused and need heaps of help before I become Mrs Blobby before the years done. Also, is this just temporary water weight that will bugger off after my body gets used to the HRT? (have been on it for 2 months). This is really rubbish and its making me sad.

Thank you x
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 06:40:39 PM by loonarider »

Abs75

Did you ever work out what was causing the weight gain? I’ve been on Evorel sequi for a few months now and despite upping my gym use to 4 times a week I’ve gained at least half a stone and it’s really making me fed up. I’m considering stopping hrt to see if the weight drops off.

Tulip256

I find my weight goes up whenever I change dose before stabilising, I think it is my body adjusting to the new hormone levels.  I also find my ability to manage sugar drops which might be something to do with the weight gain.  I tend to go v low carb during these times which helps mitigate weight gain until things stabilise.  I would allow 3 months on a new dose before reviewing if any weight impacts are long term.