Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 1088 times)

DS68

Quick question
« on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »

Hi quick question

I'm on day 7 of new 1.5 gel and my boobs feel like water melons. Is this normal. They actually feel like. Breast feeding.

Also for my period today and wanted to know as I'm new to gel should I get a bleed on day 7 of gel?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 08:34:33 PM »

Does it say in the leaflet in the box ?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 09:40:45 PM »

Presumably you're peri not meno? You would normally start oestrogen when you bleed, the first day of your bleed is day one. What progesterone do you have? You'd normally take that for the second half of your cycle and bleed a couple of days after you stop.

DS68

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 11:02:21 PM »

Hi Sheila

I started the gel (oestrogel ) directly following the end of a packet of femiston 1/10.  I believe I take the gel for 15 days then the tablets I was also prescribed for the last 2 weeks of the gel.

I haven't really been guided very well regarding the amount of gel to use so on I started with 1 and a half pumps.  That was 8 days ago and I feel some on improvement already. Except today I started my period which I thought was due next week.  Also my breasts are so so tender like I've stopped breast feeding suddenly.

I am peri and I am also fed up of the monopause ! 😒 Just had to get that out there !

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 08:25:07 AM »

The first day of the bleed should be day 1 so if I was you I'd stick to this to keep the hrt cycle in line with your own cycle. You can get sore boobs with an increase in oestrogen. 1.5 pumps isn't a high dose and as you're feeling better on it I'd be inclined to stay on it as it should settle. The problem in peri is that you'll be on too much or too little of something at some time depending on what your own body is producing at the time.

DS68

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »

Thank you Sheila

I have had then most awful period pains too - I don't normally get them at all - but I am hoping again that it's because it's all new.  Yes I will continue as I am I think, as still early days I guess.  Can I ask one more thing please, the tablets I have also been given I take these from day 14 to 28.do I also continue the gel alongside the tablets? Thanks

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »

Yes, you take gel every day.