Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HELP! Day 10 of Cycle brings crippling adrenal surge, anxiety & burning muscles!  (Read 777 times)

PeriPagan

Hi all I'm back again.

Have been doing OK on my HRT dose until approximately 5 days ago, when I developed really unpleasant muscle soreness complete with burning sensation on muscles and skin. All i have to do is wake up, turn over and BANG! Adrenaline! Pain!

I'm used to a level of this so I just put it down to the effects of increased oestrogen on lax low oestrogen muscles (Today is day 10 of my cycle)....until today. I woke up and had a adrenaline bout that cause a mega panic attack. So bad that I went to the walk in clinic (couldn't help), GP's (couldn't/wouldn't help) and ended up in a GP surgery attached to A&E. (Its been 6 hours since it started and I'm still struggling!).

The GP is writing to my Docs to request a blood test, but I'm terrified. Is this due to my E being too low still or caused by a really savage anovulatory oestrogen spike? I noticed once I got back from GP today was I'd started breakthrough bleeding.  I'm a minimum of 4 years peri (possibly more) & can track my cycle using symptoms even though i'm on cerazette conti for contraceptive reasons (Mirena not an option).

HRT lifted me out of a really nasty anovulatory phase of periods every 10 days/2 weeks and lenghtened my cycle to 30 days at the start. My last cycle was 25 days and most of my 'periods' are phantom or cramping only, no bleed. I've only just started light breakthrough bleeding last 2 cycles (last month was when E was low).

Have any of you experienced this? What worked for you? My chances of getting my E levels tested are slim to none so I need to ask around instead.

Anyway, My muscles & ligaments are now torn to shreads (even my face hurts!) so I've got to find a way to ease that too.

HELP!   
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:22:50 PM by PeriPagan »

Hurdity

Hi Peripagan

Sorry to hear about your symptoms  - but what HRT are you using? Cerazette inhibits ovulation in most women so it is very unlikely, from what I've read, that you are experiencing a "savage" oestrogen surge unless you are one of the very small minority for whom ovulation has not been inhibited. Because of this (ovulation inhibition) it also prevents many of the symptoms of massive oestrogen surges - this has been shown in various trials.

Also as you are taking Cerazette you cannot actually know where in peri you are although you can estimate this from what your cycle was doing before you started the Cerazette and any HRT? The breakthrough bleeding could be due to the HRT and depends to some extent what type you are taking? Can you tell us more so that we can try to help further?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hurdity x

PeriPagan

Hi Hurdity, I was hoping you'd pop along.

I'm currently on 2 pumps of Oestrogel in the morning. I've been on this dose for just over 3 months (I'm about 10 days into my 4th pump pack). It has helped massively, both for mental & physical symptoms. I've been on Cerazette for 10 years.

I think I'm a cerazette ovulator. I had an ultrasound late April whilst I was on Cerazette & a low starting dose 1mg Elleste and they found a Follicle on my left ovary and an endometrial thickness of 2mm!

I know that using symptoms is a bit hit and miss but I've noticed that I get a surge in anxiety etc. when my levels fluctuate (rise/dip) so I use these as pointers mainly. I log every symptom into an app so i can keep a careful eye out.

Since I've been on the HRT my cycle has either ended by a complete phantom (best guess) or cramping with no bleed & Cessation of PMT on top of my daily perimeno symptoms. Before I stated HRT I was 'cycling' every 10 days/2 weeks with severe cramping and heavy bleeding for someone on POP pills!

Does this help?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:47:06 PM by PeriPagan »

PeriPagan

Anyone?

Sat here sobbing that my career is over. Last cycle I was out & about, I even had an interview for a placement, my life was finally back on track... apart from 5 days of fatigue (at about this point in time in fact) it was great!

Now I feel it slipping away again.