Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Worrying again  (Read 2183 times)

Tc

Worrying again
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »

Hiya ladies. I had trans V scan yesterday and now I'm worrying.
The sonographer said "it must be to check the womb lining as you've had ovaries and tubes removed.
For the life of me I don't know why but I didn't mention the pain where my left ovary and the tumour was before I had it removed. And I didn't mention the bladder issues either.whicg are the two reasons the doc booked the scan. It was nothing to do with the lining.
The scan was much quicker than my previous and she said the lining looks nice and thin which is what you want at your age
But im worried that she didn't check everything else as well.
I wanted to check my perforation of the uterus which happened during surgery and was stitched and I wanted to check nothing had been left behind ovary or tumour wise that would be causing the pain. There is something called ovarian remnant syndrome which causes the pain I have had.
Also wanted to check bladder as I'm having awful trouble with it  ice been worried that when they perforated the womb they might have damaged bladder as well or that it's an early stage prolapse because I'm realy in a state with my bladder and in constant pain.
I didn't ask about any of these things  how stupid am I?
So ive not slept all night and my anxiety is through the roof. She didnt check these things and  i missed my chance to ask the questions and maybe put my mind at rest In so angry with myself. I can't ask for another scan so I've been looking up private scans. I can I'll afford it but I need to get these questions answered for peace of mind  if the bladder looks normal and hasn't been damaged then I can look at what else it might be.

It's so horrible when you know a mistake was made during surgery. I was shown a photo of this huge metal instrument speared right through my uterus and I cant  get it out of my head as to what other damage it might have done.

Obviously if I didn't have pain and this awful bladder issue 6 months after operation I wouldn't be considering any of this but I don't think she checked what she was supposed to have checked and was only concerned with the lining yesterday
I've got myself into a right state.

jaypo

Re: Worrying again
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »

I think a scan will show up everything Tc,I recently had a scan checking out my colon and in the results they told me my liver,bones and lungs were all ok too,so don't think they just look at one thing,they check surrounding areas too.deep breaths girl

Tc

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »

Thanks Jaypo. Im sittung hear thinking. This is health anxiety TC, own it!!  I never had it before even when  I was waiting for results of biopsy. I've got anxiety disorder as you know but I've spent the last half hour trying to get my rational mind to take over.
something about that operation traumatised me and I've been considering why.
 I had to stay in overnight because of the perforation  and I ended up in the ward where my wife spent her last few days before she was transferred to the hospice ,
We knew something had gone wrong in the op as it took longer than expected d i was bleeding a lot and they kept me nil by mouth overnight in case I had to go back to theatre.

When the surgeon came she said she had to make full disclosure and showed me these photographs. One was of the Dermoid cyst and I had to look away. Another was of my ovaries and tubes laying on a dish. But the third was the worst. A pic of this long sharp instrument going thru my womb and out the other side. Sorry to be graphic. She said we had to leave it in place while we did the op or it would have caused a massive bleed.
Thinking about it rationally I think that was just too much for me. I couldn't get those pictures out of my head. It's the first time in my life something has gone wrong in an operation and I think it set off anxiety.

Well I've come to that conclusion in the last half hour from spilling it all out. And I feel calmer already. So thank you for listening and your kind words.xxx

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:32:07 PM »

That's what we're all here for Tc,sometimes it's good to write things down,it gets rid of the words going round and round in your head.youve been through such a lot,it's completely understandable you're feeling this way.but you're right,health anxiety can take over but you know really they'll check EVERYTHING out and not just one person will be checking either.
Sending hugs 💖

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »

Next time take a list  :-\

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »

:bighug:  TC.....

Tc

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »

Thank you all so much. Feel I should apologise for unloading like that. But since I lost my wife I can't get my feelings out like that to anyone else. I have friends but I feel I can't "unload to them even tho they do to me! And I come from a family who don't like to talk about illness.
So thank you. Proper wobble this morning  but feeling calmer now.xxx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 05:15:02 PM »

No need whatsoever to apologise TC
That's what we're here for.......
Glad your feeling calmer......

Xxxx

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 05:25:12 PM »

We've all had the wobbles at some point 🤯

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 06:05:44 PM »

Getting feelings onto paper gets them out of your head  ;)

It's what we are here for  ::)

Tc

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 08:44:37 PM »

Thank you  :)