Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: TVT Support Groups  (Read 1237 times)

Hayley A

TVT Support Groups
« on: November 09, 2018, 08:26:45 PM »

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knew of any TVT Tape Support Groups?
My Mum had a TVT operation 5 years ago but has been in pain since (and we haven't had much success at doctors/hospital)
I've posted on her in the past about it and found the replies really helpful (thank you!)

But wondered if anyone knew of Support Groups that meet who have struggles with TVT pain post operation as Mum finds it hard as the medical profession that we've dealt with are quite dissmive if her pain and don't provide any further help.

Thanks
Hayley x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: TVT Support Groups
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:45:07 PM »

Please remind me: TVT means what exactly?

Have you looked at various volunteer groups in your area, maybe there is a list at your Council Offices?  Ours has lists of groups, charities etc..  Or in the Library or maybe ring the PALS group at the Hospital?  Or the Consultant's secretary?  If she is still in pain would she go back to speak with the Staff?

Katymac

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:48:34 PM »

Trans Vaginal Tape - they are supposed to be really hot on checking these after the mesh situation

I don't know any groups sorry (mine has been OK for me)  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »

Tnx.  Maybe ask on your local Facebook group or perhaps there is a closed group in the UK? 

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:03:55 PM »

“Sling the mesh “
FB page, thousands and thousands very sad. 😢

Mrs Elneil in London is probably the most sort after removal surgeon with a very long waiting list, as many can put it in but very few can remove it.😏

Katymac

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »

Tension free not trans (brain blip)

I thought TVT was different to mesh - I am reading now & getting confused) mine is 15 yrs old & I thought it a u-shaped bit of teflon not mesh - hmm!

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »

Katymac it's all mesh “plastic “ just given different names, tape , ribbon, sling = mesh aka plastic.

Hayley A

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »

Thanks so much for your replies, will look up that Facebook group - hadn't thought of that! Sorry for not explaining properly what is was - it's such a major part of our life now I forget not everyone knows.

One of the issues is we have seen several medical professionals, they can see it is causing a problem but it's like they are scared to admit it.

Will look for some Groups - thank you!

Also - Katy I'm really pleased to know that yours is fine and has worked. It's nice to hear positive stories from it amongst the negative.

Hope you all have a good weekend!
😊

Katymac

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

I'm discovering this :(

And both 'trans' and 'tension-free' are used but I can't work out (yet) if they are for the same thing or 2 similar things

Well at least I know I'm not allergic to whatever I had (which is relevent on a different thread)

Good luck to you and your mum Hayley xxx