Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: after menapause  (Read 2400 times)

ritah

after menapause
« on: June 25, 2018, 06:31:33 PM »

hi I am 61 been told im near the end off my menopause . been off hrt  over 2 years now. about 3 months ago I started to get a bright yellow substance in my bladder pad I wear. I had a cervical smear test done 6 months ago was all clear. so doctor done a swab test for anything else that might be going on but it came BACK NORMAL. doctor said it is estrogen  because off menopause  has anyone else been losing eastrogen in there underwearis this normal my doctor says yes many thanks  :)

ritah

Re: after menapause
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:58:40 PM »

hi i have not had any replies to my post concerning eastrogen. im 62 been told im nearly out of my menapause. i have not been on any hrt  for over 2years.3months ago i started noticing a bright yellow substance in my underwear. and my urine was bright yellow. i went to see my gp and she said i was losing eastrogen which happens either in menopause or when its  nearly finished. is there any one else who can tell me if they have had this happen to them . many thanks

NorthArm

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:30:45 AM »

Hi ritah

I haven't, but I'm sure one of the knowledgeable ladies might be able to help you x

Robin

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 08:44:54 AM »

Are you taking any supplements?Some can have this effect.  B vitamins do this to me

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:45:16 AM »

Not sure what would make the urine bright yellow, but could it be something you are eating, or a supplement you are taking, that has a yellow dye in it?

Do you mind me asking why the bladder pad? Do you have any stress incontinence? Perhaps you need some localised oestrogen treatment such as Vagifem or Ovestin.

JP x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »

I think Joaniepat may be right.  It could be a bit of urine leakage but often vaginal discharge can be a bit yellow.  I get very yellow urine when I've taken vitamins pills. I really don't think it's anything to do with oestrogen - your doctor sounds bonkers.
DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 11:08:25 AM »

Sorry that you didn't get a reply, new threads don't always show on my page !

Why wear a pad, not good for the vaginal region.  It needs air ......... a yellow or white discharge is probably within normal limits but maybe have a chat with the Practice Nurse?  Is it much in that you need to change pad/panties or a smear?  If tests are normal and there is no odour, it is probably hormones having a final dance .