Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Peri pals  (Read 3284 times)

HopeAlone

Peri pals
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:45:18 PM »

Hello. Is there anybody else just starting the gel/utro combination ? I would love to hear from you so we could maybe all support each other  :cheer:
I don't have many friends and the ones I do have are having no bad symptoms or have sailed through it. I'm sure they think I'm making all this up
So if you fancy becoming a buddy on this rocky road it would be great

lifeatfifty

Re: Peri pals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »

I'm 5 months down the line on this combo!

HopeAlone

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

Hi.
I was worried I was all alone there lol
I take it your happy on it after 5 months and it's made a difference ? X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »

Hi HopeAlone

There is a support thread exactly for women in this combo - it's in All Things Menopause and called something like "Utrogestan/Estrogel support group". Very long-running thread, often near the top and lots of members look in on it if there are new posts...some who are just on one of the hormones, others on both. Lots of interesting posts there! I would repost on there and also maybe pm members who you read that are taking the same combo if they haven't posted for a while. The other thing is you could start a persoanl thread eg "My Utrogestan and Estrogel diary" where you could document how you are feeling and the daily changes - which would be interesting for other members to follow. Some members have done threads like this eg "My Pill Diary" or My Tibolone Diary" " My Bladder" etc. Good luck with it anyway :)

Hurdity x

HopeAlone

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »

What a good idea hurdity about the diary. It would help me to monitor how I'm hopefully progressing  ( fingers crossed) and like you say other members may find it useful. I never thought about sending a pm but I am going to see who else is on this combo from that thread
 :thankyou: Hurdity

lifeatfifty

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 05:21:46 PM »

Hi Hopealone,
I'm not totally happy yet and we do alter.

I took ustro (200mg) orally to start and hated the dizzy feeling days 21-28. I did bleed the very next day.

I'm now taking (200mg) vaginally for 21-27 but get a bit down on it and then bleed for 4 days. It then takes about 6/7 days for my mood to improve.

Thanks Hurdity, I'll look into those posts too.