Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: I'm new  (Read 2089 times)

Kayg

I'm new
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:48:56 AM »

Hi all, new to here and looking to see if anyone else has experienced the same as I have the last few days, it seems my love of chocolate and coffee too have gone!!😱 It's almost like being pregnant when you start going off certain things and really don't want to eat them! (Hopefully it'll have a plus side and help me lose weight as that has piled on lately!)
Been on Elleste solo now for two weeks and I'm guessing it's related to that?
Also I'm wide awake most mornings around 4 am and can struggle for ages, sometimes 2 hours to get back to sleep if I'm not at work that day, day off today and I finally gave in a got up at 5.30am!!
Do feel that the meds are starting to help with my joint pain which was getting rather severe, I have oesteoarthritis already but when the flushes began the pain gradually worsened unfortunately, I'm only 46 so wasn't quite expecting to be menopausal yet but I guess the sooner it's starts hopefully the sooner it's over 😂
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:56:31 AM by Kayg »

Hurdity

Re: I'm new
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:46:52 AM »

Hi Kayg

:welcomemm:

Glad to hear you feel the oestrogen is helping. Are you taking a progestogen as well - or maybe you have a Mirena coil or have had a hysterectomy? Do you still have periods and if so has the cycle changed?

I haven't come across that craving or going off foods in relation to HRT, only as you say, in pregnancy.  If you are still having some sort of cycle then hormonal fluctuations can have some strange effects!

Hopefully your flushes will diminish (as well as your joint pain) and as they do hopefully you will also get better sleep?

Hurdity x

Kayg

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:15:22 AM »

Hi hurdity
I still have the Mirena coil in and have had no period for years due to it, used to get sore breasts most months when I would have been due a period but that's stopped now too
I've searched the Internet and can't find anyone mentioning going off any type of foods, it's very strange indeed!
Just had 40 winks on the sofa which seems to be happening more often nowadays, I used to get really frustrated when I would catch my other half having a nap instead of getting up and doing something too Haha

Rosie2

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:31:22 AM »

Hi Kath,
I am on Elleste Duet Conti, & having lots of new symptoms, I am only on day 6 of Elleste. I have put a post on to ask the lovely ladies on the forum if they have experienced any of the side effects (well I think they are), that I am having. One I forgot to mention, there is so many, is the awful taste I have in my mouth, it is terrible, so food does not taste good. My chocolate craving also seems to have gone (can only be good for me), but I am craving savoury food!
I hope you are getting on ok, & like me, finding this forum a very big help.

Rosie2

Kayg

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »

Hi
My chocolate taste seems to have returned but my love off coffee hasn't came back and apart from my first cup of tea in the morning I'm not really bothered about havin more which is strange, I've also taken a liking for orange diluting juice which I've always hated!
I agree with the strange taste in the mouth, especially first thing in the morning, all these changes defo remind me of when I was pregnant many years ago!😂
My flushes are defo not as bad since starting on elleste, still there but I don't feel they are a bad as before
Oh lack of appetite too has occurred which for me is a good thing haha