Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Waiting for mammogram results  (Read 26187 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Waiting for mammogram results
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 10:41:26 AM »

Seriously dont envy you waiting for the results, its an indescribable wait, hope it all goes well

Thanks Blossom, sending you thoughts and huge vibes for all you are going through at the moment. xxx

dazned

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »

My first ever mammogram got a recall ,letter was there in 3days,booked in for further scan and biopsy two days later,thankfully it was ok but boy those few days felt like a lifetime ! I'm sure all is well,you would have heard.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 10:47:30 AM »

Still not heard so rang the screening unit who were lovely and said nothing had come back for me yet and it could be 4-6 weeks wait :o :o  not the 2-3 I was told.  This is awful.  She said if I still hadn't heard by end of next week to ring again in case they had the report but the letter hadn't been sent.

Katejo

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 08:43:56 PM »

My first ever mammogram got a recall ,letter was there in 3days,booked in for further scan and biopsy two days later,thankfully it was ok but boy those few days felt like a lifetime ! I'm sure all is well,you would have heard.

Mine did too. it was in March this year and I got the recall letter on my birthday! Went in 2 days later and fortunately it was ok/false alarm.

babypink2807

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:41 AM »

Still not heard so rang the screening unit who were lovely and said nothing had come back for me yet and it could be 4-6 weeks wait :o :o  not the 2-3 I was told.  This is awful.  She said if I still hadn't heard by end of next week to ring again in case they had the report but the letter hadn't been sent.

If its any consolation, just keep as busy as you can no matter how frivolous it may seem, its horrible, just horrible waiting and you think the worst, it just pops in your head.  Counteract that with good thoughts, I went for Hypnotherapy its helped a lot.  But when it like this situation you will try anything

I am sure it will be ok for you x

LizeeeH

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »

Had my routine mammo in November and said it would take 4 weeks for results, I was in turmoil and started to imagine the worst....I eventually rang them and they wouldn't say anything apart from "see you in 3 years"....I was soooooooooooooooooo relieved! A week later I got the confirmation in a letter but I was still terrified opening the letter....Im such a wuss!!!! :-\

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 12:39:51 PM »

Thanks Blossom - I have been okay until the postman comes then panic!
I still hadn't heard anything today so rang again and was told the letter had gone out yesterday and all okay - see you in 3 years, all I can say is PHEW!!!!!!
I too will probably be nervous opening the letter when it arrives tomorrow even though I know the contents ::)

ellie

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »

For you CB  :tulips2: :tulips:

Linsey44

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 02:03:32 PM »

Good to hear your news

LizeeeH

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »

good news ;)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »

Got my letter today so its in writing!  I did a very silly thing 5 years ago. Because my mother died of breast cancer and the nhs screening programme didn't start till I was 50 (51) I went to a private company that offered thermography mammo and ultrasound. They did not explain at any point that the nhs does not accept thermography results or I would not have had one. So I had thermography and mammo - the mammo was clear but they said both breasts had abnormalities on the thermography and I then paid for ultrasound which was clear.  I then read up more and found that thermography can give false results for obese women or large breasted women and at the time I was both!  This private company recommended I have thermography every 6 months and mammo every year.  I then saw a different private Dr who had been working for this company but had left them as he was very unhappy with their recommendations for repeat screenings especially the mammo every year due to radiation risks and he also was concerned that they were not being open about the false positive on thermography.  They had said that 80% of people with abnormal resutls get diagnosed with breast cancer within 5 years via mammo.
He recommended i just use the nhs screening which I have done. But of course I cannot forget what they said so am probably more worried than others. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 09:00:23 PM »

Now however, you have up-2-date results  ;) ………. you can get on with Life.

babypink2807

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

great news

countrybumpkin

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]