Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 2947 times)

Sphere27

Utrogestan
« on: March 21, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »

Hi
I'm just starting utrogestan 100mg nightly. Just wondering now as sometimes I work
Night shifts. Would you take this during day then when sleeping? Says  can cause drowsiness and dizziness? Is it ok to take at same time on days I'm sleeping as the oestrogen tab?
Cheers

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 05:58:17 PM »

Hi Sphere - by nightly it means before you have your main sleep so take it just before your bed time. Not sure about the tabs - but since many tablet HRTare combi tabs then I would have thought just take the oestrogen tabs when you normally take them. The only issue I could think might be when you change to say shift ( if you do) while on the utro as a twelve hour delay could cause progesterone levels to drop  - but I'm sure you could work something out by taking it a bit earlier each day or something like that?

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 06:13:30 PM »

Im like Stellajane....Utro 100mg @ night and Im very wired up, gives me strange dreams though, perhaps it will not make you drowsy, I use it vaginally though, not sure if it would differently being used orally, I guess, its trial & error  :-\

Sphere27

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »

Thanks ladies.
It may be difficult as I'm cabin crew and go to longhaul destinations so my
Sleep pattern all over the place. Didn't realise the before sleep part until I read
Instructions!!
Stressing me out before I've even started this combination.
😰

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:02:19 AM »

I'm wondering whether this is the right combination for you when you consider the type of job you do but I'm not sure if you've already tried others?

Taz x  :-\

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

Sphere - I think you may do better on Femoston as this still has a kinder progesterone but you wouldn't have the problems of taking it on an empty stomach or with it making you dizzy and sleepy.  For many of us the sleepiness one gets from Utrogestan is great because we get a better nights sleep.  Dg x