Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Just feel Dreadful  (Read 2221 times)

mandy43

Just feel Dreadful
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »

I just need to vent, may be related to the change, but maybe you can tell me.  I feel so run down.  I am excruciatingly tired all the time, I have more heartburn than usual, I have conjunctivitis in both eyes, massive bags under them, periods disappeared for a couple of months, came back and lasted a week and then started ovulating again almost immediately.  My boobs have gotten bigger and they were massive to begin with and all of a sudden I look old... like it's happened over night.  I looked great in pics last year and now I look and feel a mess.  Tired of all this now and at 44, I feel 64.  Vent over and thanks for listening xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just feel Dreadful
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »

:hug:  HORMONES  >:(  ::)

When did you last have a thyroid function blood test?  We tend to blame meno for everything but we should keep in mind other hormones in our body. 

How are you managing the conjunctivitis?  BOIL all flannels and towels daily.  Do not share them …. speak with a Pharmacist about treatment.  Do the eyes itch?  I remember it well, kids had to be kept off school in my day ….. until it had cleared completely.

Heartburn is 'common' at our age  :( …….. sometimes caused by a hiatus hernia.  Are you taking antacids? Milk of Magnesia or Rennies might be worth trying.  If I take my meds too close to going to bed I get acid reflux dreadfully  :( ………. my evening regime is: cuppa by 8.30, bath with bubbles, evening meds with chocolate milk shake then bed.  Even then heartburn can be a problem!

If you lack iron you will tired too.

Milamam

Re: Just feel Dreadful
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »

Hi Mandy,
It may be that your immune system needs strengthening, especially now in the fall. There are many ways to do so. Honey and ginger in the morning, garlic, echinacea, ginseng, anything that will give you energy. It could be your hormones fluctuating but it could be also general tiredness that is associated with this time of year. Is your conjunctivitis confirmed? If not, it can also be an alergic reaction of the eyes, including the swelling. It can be also dry eyes which can get very red and inflamed and itchy , also swolen. My dry eye condition was mistakenly diagnozed at first as conjuctivitis, as symptoms are so similar. I was treated with corticosteroid drops which worsened the situation. It took almost 3 months to diagnoze properly and get good treatment.

Milamam