Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Friendships  (Read 5526 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
ITV - Friendships - continued
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2023, 10:21:31 AM »

Why is Holly so upset ?  A friend would never have asked the question anyway - unless she was being pressured from 'above' or by the media  :-\

Holly needs to accept that it would be arrogant to think that we have the 'right' to know everything about others, however close they might think that they are.  As for telling the media overnight how hurt she is  :-\. ............  why is this suddenly about her?

Songbird

Re: Friendships
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2023, 02:33:34 PM »

Agreed CLKD.
Mind you, perhaps Holly is going on the offensive, worried that Phil could spill the beans about something involving Holly? 🤔. Who knows and, let's be honest, who cares? By all accounts he seems to have been a thoroughly nasty piece of work.
I reckon Holly is looking out for herself and her reputation- damage limitation through being associated with a guy like Phil  >:(

sheila99

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2023, 03:01:59 PM »

Have I missed something? Does anyone actually know what the rift was about?

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2023, 05:20:21 PM »

I don't have a problem with Phil.  He found himself in a difficult situation so 'came out' on Air  ::).  Does the ITV have a legal 'right' to know the ins and outs [sorry] of what their employees do in their leisure time, after all 'it' was rumours.  MayB Phil was taken off guard by Holly's query, was she being pushed from above  :-\.  If she's anything to hide .....

sheila - apparently Phil had a relationship with a younger man and told Holly 'no' when she asked directly.  It may have been simply that Phil didn't want to be rude = 'none of your business'. Who knows how any of us would react when confronted at a difficult time? 

I've known a couple of men that 'came out' after being married for many years.  1 wife knew, the other had no idea  :-\.  The children all accepted the situation in a 'we knew' attitude.

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2023, 05:21:37 PM »

Sorry for being dim but who is Holly?

star35

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2023, 07:54:13 PM »

She presents this morning with him .

littleminnie

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2023, 07:33:27 AM »

It’s like everything, you’ll never know the whole story

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2023, 08:09:25 AM »

Probably not littleminnie.  It goes to show that however much others think that they know people ........... because people alter, change ideas, have problems which quite honestly, may not be anything. to do with others  :-\

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2023, 12:14:48 PM »

She presents this morning with him .
Thank you Star.

sheila99

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2023, 12:36:18 PM »

Sorry but I think he's worse than Prince Andrew. It might have been legal but there was still a huge age gap and he lied to his wife and family for years. If I was his wife I could probably forgive him being a closet gay (pressure to conform etc) but not for acting on it whilst still married. Seems the genetics run in the family.

Penguin

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2023, 01:25:24 PM »

I thought they fell out because Philip didn't let her know when his brother was arrested / up in court for being a paedophile? Then this has just made it worse.
However, she does come across as a bit ruthless, and I find it very hard to believe that nobody at all ar ITV knew about his relationship with the teenager. Seems to have been kept quiet, clear abuse of power/position but senior ITV execs should also take some of the rap as well.

Penguin

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2023, 01:27:03 PM »

And ITV are saying they investigated, yet the guy involved is saying nobody spoke to him about it at all, which is a bit odd.

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2023, 02:39:29 PM »

Why should ITV investigate anything, what 1 does in one's leisure time: as long as 1 isn't bringing the Company into disrepute ........ the Press R making out that Phil was having an affaire long ago, however from what I understand, it was after he had told his Wife and B4 they separated.

I had a friendship go 'wrong'  >:( about 9 years ago.  I may have said already  ::).  Better out of that 1! 

jaypo

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2023, 02:47:23 PM »

It's just the media YET AGAIN   >:( Once they're out to destroy someone,they won't stop until they do. I personally couldn't give a stuff what he gets up to in his spare time,it's nobody's business but his. The press want you to believe he's just like his brother but this guy was of a consensual age and not 15. What a world  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2023, 03:14:58 PM »

It's so difficult, being in the public eye - they all seem to have publicists  :-\.  Whilst the media hounds people the truth rarely comes out instead of waiting; watching.  'they' hounded the other presenter, whose name escapes me  :-\ for years as though 'they' wanted to find out something!  John ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]