Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Doctor stopping hrt  (Read 681 times)

Linda

Doctor stopping hrt
« on: May 11, 2024, 06:21:25 AM »

Morning everyone.
I posted on here a week ago. I’m on conti hrt. Been on for 2 years without any problems but last week started spotting and still am.
Saw my doc yesterday and he’s put me on a 2 week urgent referral to gynaecology.
He said to stop the hrt straight away but surely all my symptoms will start?
Same thing happened 2 years previously on the same hrt, spotting, went for a scan, everything fine so I continued on the hrt. When I saw the doctor 2 years ago he didn’t even mention stopping the hrt and I continued till I went to hospital for my scan.
Now I’m wondering what to do, should I stop taking it, anyone else gone through a similar situation?
Thanks, Linda.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doctor stopping hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 07:22:15 AM »

Morning.   I would ring the Dept to which you have been referred to find out how long the waiting list might be and ask whether you need to stop HRT until the results are back.  Let us know how you get on.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 09:34:58 AM »

It probably depends on your attitude to risk and how bad you feel off it. Most end up being fine but if it turns out to be cancer you'll wish you had.

Linda

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 11:10:24 AM »

Hi CLKD,
I told the doctor the dates I was on holiday and yesterday I got my appointment for gynaecology for one of the days I’m away, 22nd May.
I’ve rung the hospital and they are going to get back to me with another date so hopefully will be for when we come back after the 24th. It’s just strange why he said to stop taking the hrt now but like I said 2 years ago when the same thing happened the doctor didn’t tell me to stop x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 11:27:40 AM »

I had lots of bleeding on HRT over several years and several investigations. None of the gynaes ever suggested stopping HRT while they did tests. Their only suggestion was to change HRT. Ive been told the risks are low for PM women who have unexplained bleeding whilst on HRT.

Linda

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 11:45:32 AM »

Hi, thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated x

Linda

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 02:04:00 PM »

Hi CLKD,
I’ve received my appointment for 29/05/24. Im continuing with the hrt till I go, will let you know how I get on x

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 03:04:02 PM »

Will U get your holiday ? 

Linda

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 06:51:20 PM »

Yes the appointment is for when I come back x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 08:35:49 PM »

Enjoy - card in the post ?  ;)

Jules

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2024, 10:23:08 PM »

Hi CLKD,
I told the doctor the dates I was on holiday and yesterday I got my appointment for gynaecology for one of the days I’m away, 22nd May.
I’ve rung the hospital and they are going to get back to me with another date so hopefully will be for when we come back after the 24th. It’s just strange why he said to stop taking the hrt now but like I said 2 years ago when the same thing happened the doctor didn’t tell me to stop x
I was told by my GP to stop my topical estrogen until I'd been seen by the gyny but only when I'd requested a repeat prescription. I'd been using it. I just stopped the vagifem 5 days before and continued with ovestin externally.