Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breast clinic  (Read 3420 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast clinic
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 08:38:00 AM »

Also: once anything untoward is found, treatment is usually fast tracked so that 1 gets underway .......... what my Consultant insisted upon was a list of worries every time I saw him even when in Hospital.   ::)

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2023, 08:49:01 AM »

Thanks. Am sure I will need hand holding when time comes! I was thinking of actually paying for one of those private one stop places where they do mammogram, then also do ultrasound and biopsy on same day if needed. But I havd also heard NHS breast care where we live is really good and better than private. My issue with the anxiety though, is the waiting time between getting results and next test / stage. I am still working with my counsellor on how to manage uncertainty, it is the hardest bit for me. My GP actually said that mammograms for younger women get more callbacks because their breast tissue is denser, which is also why they don't start them younger l, so I am fully expecting a callback when I have my first one.

SarahT

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2023, 10:15:52 AM »

Hi Penguin,
My local area for mammograms are so lovely. They changed the equipment from previous checks, when It was a bit uncomfortable as the nurse manoeuvres you boobs,  but now it is so comfortable now to take the actual scan\x-ray. No discomfort at all.
Am sure they will allow someone to come with you and stay in the waiting area.

It is good that you are prepared that any call back is likely to be very innocent, that It is just not a clear picture. If I remember rightly my result last time came back in about 10 days.

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2023, 10:43:34 AM »

Sarah that is good to know, thank you. My breasts get so sore at two specific times a month so I usually have up to 15 days each month with tenderness depending on what my hormones are doing, so I'm hoping they don't just send appointments out but actually let you phone up and book so I can pick a good time!
Pages: 1 [2]