Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie in UK  (Read 914 times)

Rosieposie

• First Flush
Newbie in UK
« on: January 14, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »

New to the forum, I'm 49 live in UK, I've been on cerazette for many years with no problems, so unsure how I will know about menopause. I have had the odd night sweat but not regularly, I am an active person but generally feel not as flexible although I have upped my exercise recently and feel better for it. I have noticed my hair gets greasy more quickly than before , and my skin is a lot drier particularly on face, hands and lower legs . Just hoping to find some general advice

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie in UK
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 07:42:17 PM »

Hi!

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out; skin, scalp, between the toes, vagina, deep in the ears, eyes etc.; also the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  A good moisturiser can help, we use 'nivea'

If you are OK on the regime, will you continue?  Stopping may well introduce symptoms that are difficult to control.  If it ain't broke etc.?

Browse round.  Join in.    :welcomemm:

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 08:16:17 PM »

New to the forum, I'm 49 live in UK, I've been on cerazette for many years with no problems, so unsure how I will know about menopause. I have had the odd night sweat but not regularly, I am an active person but generally feel not as flexible although I have upped my exercise recently and feel better for it. I have noticed my hair gets greasy more quickly than before , and my skin is a lot drier particularly on face, hands and lower legs . Just hoping to find some general advice

Hello Rosieposie. I was on cerazette for 10 years and then had a light bleed. Previously I had never had any bleeding. I ended up doing some research and worked out I was going through perimenopause. I had extreme itching all over my body and I had no idea it was related to perimenopause. I find using vitamin E moisturiser helpful for my dry skin.  :) I still take cerazette but have HRT along with it.

ivyolddog

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 07:57:46 AM »

If you have dry itchy patches of skin (I get it in the folds of and behind my ears), get a non-prescription hydrocortisone cream from the chemist.  Use it as and when necessary, it works for me.  Eurax cream is also good for itchy skin.