Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Menopause and ADHD?  (Read 808 times)

AlphabettiSpaghetti

Menopause and ADHD?
« on: June 07, 2019, 02:30:12 PM »

I have quite a few ADHD traits (undiagnosed) and these seem to be worse / are exacerbated by menopause particularly brain fog and poor memory and decision making.
Does anyone else have or suspect they have ADHD? Is it affected by menopause? And for those of you with a diagnosis, how / when did you get it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause and ADHD?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:35:35 PM »

Can be affected by hormones.  Why not? 

Maybe list your 'traits' ?  See how many are 'common' during The Change?

Certainly brain fugg is my biggest issue.  Then I get tinnitus.  Heartburn ........
I've always made lists and those symptoms haven't altered.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:40:05 AM by CLKD »

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 07:55:43 PM »

I have quite a few ADHD traits (undiagnosed) and these seem to be worse / are exacerbated by menopause particularly brain fog and poor memory and decision making.
Does anyone else have or suspect they have ADHD? Is it affected by menopause? And for those of you with a diagnosis, how / when did you get it?

I would agree with CLKD - ie these sound like hormonal/menopausal symptoms.

I don't know anything about ADHD but I suspect it is another "syndrome" type condition where people who exhibit certain traits are given the diagnosis which can have multiple causes  so perhaps not that helpful if you see what I mean?

Rather than giving yourself another label maybe concentrate on dealing with the symptoms through hormonal treatment and measures to improve your general health if you can? Such as exercise, diet, etc...Maybe you are already taking HRT?

I hope you manage to find a way to improve things?

Hurdity x

BlueButterfly

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:27:44 PM »

I have ADHD and yes, it's very much affected by hormones...why most women aren't diagnosed until late teens or even into adulthood, if ever. I would search Google for ADHD and menopause.