Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 47, psychotic crackpot apparently suffering with something called 'The Change'  (Read 7205 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Many years ago I threw a wet dishcloth at Himself: who wrung it out onto the kitchen floor B4 walking away: which meant that I had to clean the kitchen floor, I never threw anything again  ;D

I've been known to kick doors though  ??? :-X

kiltgirl

But throwing things feels so good...I threw my new iPhone at the wall today, my first phone-fling ever...didn't break luckily, got a good case for it...we should invent the 'meno phone case' for extra impact. There is a lovely outline on my bedroom wall though.

Annie0710

I thrown things twice in my life

First was a rock dummy you get at the seaside, the kids were arguing over it so I launched it and it shattered on the ceiling and walls

Second was a cup of cold coffee over an ex when he fessed to being unfaithful

I'm mild natured really

X

kiltgirl

First was a rock dummy you get at the seaside, the kids were arguing over it so I launched it and it shattered on the ceiling and walls

I'm mild natured really

X

I like your style  ;D

CLKD

Ohhhh  -  he didn't pick his moment did he ::).

Temper runs in our family so I grew up thinking it was OK to let rip ……….. until I realised the over-all impact.  Then I had to curb my temper but OH HORMONES  :bang: :bang: :bang: - I could spit bricks!  Himself used to take me to our calendar when I was extra ratty and point ………..  :-X.  I'm still prone to muttering at the TV, waving at bad drivers, reporting people using their phones whilst driving …….

How has your evening been pegginout?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:20:08 PM by CLKD »

Sparkle324

Hi girls...newbie here too not sure if im posting right but hoping for support too! I AM actually that psycho with one foot in the edge & the other dangling over!! Im 42 been peri for several years (history of it in family) only had couple of periods in last 2 yrs but the last 10 mths been horrrrrendous....depression/moods/brain doesnt work/crying/anxiety/im anti social/marriage is falling apart/my 2 kids who are heading for teens I feel are all grown up (i know its in my head but the feelings are there) Hot flushes/ nights sweats/weight gain round the middle (very difficult as was always slim, gone up 2 dress sizes in last year!) Nobody understands as my friends are my age & colleagues are too!! Oh forgot the vaginal atrophy & leaking wee too! My head tells me mr grim reaper is just having his break but he'll b round for me later...sure theres nothing left is ther??
So i go private & yep for sure I need to be on HRT... please lord this will help.  Ive just started femoston 2/10mg....4 days in i forget one, see what mensa material youre dealing with here  ::) And get vaginal pessaries to get some lub back up there not that theres any action happening in that dept and i have the sex drive of a do do bird! Seriously at 42 only  ???Anyhow as it happens my bloods showed that my thyroid is quite underactive to so iv started Eltroxin 50mg...only a few days in!
Forgot to mention history of depression in the family, ive been on ADs & suffer with chronic pain which is another matter! But i cant even remember what i was even asking now...but have been reading these posts and dont feel so alone so thanks but any other advice greatly appreciated.  #insanemomma

babyjane

Hi Sparkle324 and welcome.  We have another Sparkle on the forum too  :)

You are so fortunate to get Eltroxin, is that NHS or privately?  I was on Eltroxin for many years then it was withdrawn and I was given a generic levothyroxine.  My levels became unstable and it is only in the past year I have settled on a generic brand that suits me.

May I suggest you pop over to the New Members section and make a post there introducing yourself, then more members will see it and welcome you.  Your post might get a bit lost in here.

Browse round some more and join in  :welcomemm:

CLKD

:welcomemm: from me too !  Browse round, make notes!  Join The Club, we don't bite …..

Sparkle324

Ah thanks girls for all the replies...you are all fantastic & i really appreciate it. I will put post on new members wen i figure out how....im a bit like a child trying to work out hand eye co ordination atm ::) damn hormones!
@babyjane (not sure how to tag...seriously im usually so sharp at all these things but sponge bob brain is not lol) i live in the republic of ireland & eltroxin is the usual prescribed drug for hypothyroidism. Only a few days in so cant even say yet how its going.. ::)

Hurdity

Hi Sparkle324

:welcomemm: from me too!

It's OK - you are in the new members Section!

Great that you have started HRT because at your young age you definitely need it to help protect your bones and heart! Also good news that you are being treated for underactive thyroid appropriately. Do make sure that the doctors check your thyroid levels regularly in the coming months and years because the thyroid medication may well need adjustment when on HRT and especially oral HRT so may need a bit of tweaking to get all your levels so that you feel well.

Did you suffer from depression before your periods started becoming irregular or do you think it coincided with your hormones going awry? If the latter then HRT is definitely the most appropriate treatment!

Do hope you start to feel better really soon :)

Let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Tempest

:welcomemm:

Welcome, Sparkle324! You're in good company here. :) You're a wee soul! I'm so glad to hear that you've started HRT - I hope it starts to give you some much needed relief soon.

Ladies - on the anger front. NEVER. I've never had rage at all during this journey (but give it time, I'm sure there's scope)! I tend to direct everything inward. Maybe I should reverse that trend - it might make me feel a whole lot better. I've been very frustrated many times,  sure. So far, Hubby and DS have not had to learn to duck though! ;)

Annie0710

I'm mild natured really

X

I like your style  ;D

I swear I don't have a temper!
im naturally a very placid person (it's been said to me numerous times) but like everyone I do have a fuse and buttons

X

Ps that ex deserved the mug smashed on his head too but I like having a clean criminal record

X

Sparkle324

Thanks again so much for replies! I suffered with very bad post partum depression on 1st child & history of depression with my father too! Im only a week in on the hrt but already feeling calmer..dont know if its a bit of pseudo feeling given im off work & looking forward to xmas...time will tell. But if anything its defo giving me a bit more clarity around how very awful ive been REALLY feeling over the last 6 months. And i suppose with the thyroid i wasnt just 'lazy' cos i just cudnt keep my eyes open....party animal me ;D ;D ;D

CLKD

What ever is giving you the calmer feelings, don't knock it  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]