Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Flu  (Read 2228 times)

lizzog

Flu
« on: December 10, 2016, 02:53:16 PM »

I had my flu jab this year, but have been in bed since Wednesday with what I'm pretty sure is flu. I've had it once before and feel as bad. Shivering, teeth chattering, temp spikes, aching, horrible cough, no appetite, sickly the list goes on? Anyone know if it's doing the rounds? Horrible as I'm self employed and busiest time of year for me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flu
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

Have a  :foryou: ……. when I had 'flu over 20 year ago, it felt like you sound! except that I couldn't open my eyes, the light was far too bright.

Have you anyone to pander to your needs?

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »

At the moment then he's away for a week with work tomorrow... hopefully I'll see some improvement it's just so frustrating as I don't feel I'm getting any better at all.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »

Will he stay behind if necessary?  Maybe get him to put what you require for the next 2-3 days close by?  A flask of hot water can be useful for starters as long as you aren't shivering as you pour!

lizzog

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:10:29 PM »

Yes will get kids helping out. Son back from Uni so he's a good help. Younger teen less so as she's got a cold you know 🙄

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »

Videos all cuddled up in your bed then !

littleminnie

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »

Yes it's definitely doing the rounds. Spreading like wildfire around the schools. I had it a few weeks ago, the coughing went on for a number of days.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »

When I had 'flu years ago, I was unable to lift my head from the pillow, nor could I open my eyes as the light was too bright.  I ached: not in the same joints at the same time, it seemed to go round my body …… I felt dazed.  Himself had to put cool wet flannels onto my body to bring down my temp..

lizzog

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »

Yes I've been putting the wet flannels on my head too- just cross I've got it especially as I had the flu jab, but I guess it's not 100% effective

lizzog

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 06:02:40 PM »

Thanks- I had it in October- just unlucky I guess.

lizzog

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »

Thanks- I've managed to eat a little tonight so think I might be improving slightly.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 07:40:54 PM »

There is a very nasty flu like virus doing the rounds. I had it a few weeks ago and it was about as bad as when I had whooping cough :o   I have never had a sore throat like it and almost lost my voice and the cough was unbelievable. I also had temp for a few days. My husband who had it first and never sits still didn't leave his armchair for a week which is unheard of, he also had much worse flu aches than me but his cough was not as bad?
I got worse over about 10 days then suddenly got alot better quickly.
I drank gallons of hot tea ;D 
Hope you start to improve soon

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 08:24:47 PM »

Lollies helped me when I had a bad cough …… maybe get your son to make some ice-pop type sticks to keep your mouth moist.