Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes  (Read 1793 times)

GillianShaw

Hot flushes
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:22:36 AM »

:-\hi there, i have just purchased a ladycare magnet as i am currently getting approx 30 hot flushes a day! Will let you know how i get on (age 56)
X

babyjane

Re: Hot flushes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:33:36 AM »

Hello Gillian, welcome to the MM forum  :welcomemm:

Another thing that I found invaluable for hot flushes was a Magicool spray.  At the height of mine I had one in the sitting room, one in the bedroom and a handbag sized one in whatever bag I took out with me.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:13 PM »

Hi Gillian

Taz  :welcomemm:

Jessicaponies

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 03:29:47 AM »

Hi Gillian, this looks interesting I am reading About the ladycare magnet now as wide awake at 4:30 am with hot flushes. 

Jess

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 12:07:41 PM »

Quite a few members have tried the magnet. Have a search of the forum for their posts.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 08:00:04 PM »

Hi GillianShaw

:welcomemm: from me too.

Very diplomatic Taz  ;D

I will be blunt - Jessicaponies - please don't waste your money on buying a magnet!! There is absolutely no evidence that they do anything at all and gynaecologists rate them 0/10 as treatment for menopause! They belong in the realms of belief, crystals and the like. However if you are happy to use them on a belief rather than a scientific basis then do go ahead!

Sorry to hear about all those flushes  GillianShaw, and I do hope they decrease, but unfortunately, unless you are peri-menopausal even the placebo effect only seems to do so much when using this device. Do tell us where you are in menopause re your cycle etc - have you thought of HRT? This and various types of anti-depressants are pretty much the only things that have been conclusively shown to reduce hot flushes.

Let us know how you get on anyway :)

Hurdity x