Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Optician - low imune system  (Read 2763 times)

purplenanny

Optician - low imune system
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »

I have been having headaches and blurred vision recently so went to the optician today.

My eyesight is a little worse, eyes healthy but slight signs of cataracts starting - nothing to worry about at the moment (easy for her to say!)

She asked about health and I have had 3 viral infections since Nov, so she suggested my immune system was low.

Can anyone recommend a good source of something to build this up? I don't really want to go to the doctor. Should I take different supplements. I currently take Omega 3 oil, magnesium, vit d3 and a multi vitamin orange drink (every other day)

Any advice welcome
PN x x

Limpy

Re: Optician - low imune system
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

I'me not an expert PN but I would have thought that the supplements you are taking, in conjunction with a healthy diet would have been plenty. Hopefully somebody who knows what they are talking about will be along soon.

Failing that, you could always rest and pamper yourself   :-*

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »

You could try a short course of echinacea. It can be very helpful in supporting your immunity. Please check that you can though as you don't want any interactions but I would imagine that you would be fine.

I can PM you a helpline number for Jan de Vries. He has a health line and they give good advice. The number is online too if you google it. He is very well respected in alternatives so there might be some advice available that could help you. They will try and sell you what they recommend and then they will post it out but it's not pressure sales at all.

Honeyb
X

purplenanny

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »

Thank you Limpy, yes I thought I was doing quite well with the mix I take, but apparently not. I do walk daily and eat a good balance of freshly cooked food

I feel I have done far too much resting already

Thanks HB. I will try the echinachea. I do drink that as a tea with a spoon of honey , which I started when my throat was sore.

I just would like to feel well again. I have been to the doctors surgery 3 times with hubby/me lately, so that's probably where I am catching it all from!

Does anyone know if the GP can run blood tests for low immunity?  Not that I really want to go to the surgery again!!

PN x x

bramble

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »

Maybe up your vitamin drink to one a day. Is that similar to Orovite? There is also Metatone that could help but you seem to be ok on the vitamin side already.

Bramble

purplenanny

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:22:53 PM »

Yes, I think I will do that Bramble. It is called Berocca

Optician suggested Zinc?  This drink does have it in, but not to the recommended daily dose

rosebud57

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:16:16 PM »

you can take zinc tablets on their own.

Be careful you do not double up with it if it's in you multivit.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »

When did you last have a full blood works?  We can suggest lots of ideas but I think you need to see the Practice Nurse or GP in case you take too much of minerals etc. ….. some are not excreted by the body  ;)