Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Thought I had cracked it .....  (Read 2330 times)

Sharloub

Thought I had cracked it .....
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »

Hello all, firstly this site is amazing as are the people posting on it - have lurked for a while seeking information and advice which was useful when visiting my very understanding doctor ! Here's my tale and would welcome your knowledgable views. After a false start with climagest (made me feel worse !) doc prescribed prempak c .625g have been taking this for 3 months with a magnesium supplement and have felt fabulous, thought I had cracked it  :) this last past week symptoms have returned, night sweats, palps and an emotional meltdown this evening  :'(. Am 48 & peri - could this be a blip due to my own hormone fluctuations or should I make an appointment to see my doc to increase the dose ? Have googled loads of stuff but can't get an answer for peri hormone fluctuations and hrt ? Your views are most appreciated  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thought I had cracked it .....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:09:39 PM »

:welcomemm:  have you read the menus, left of screen?

It may be a blip in your hormone levels fighting the medication.  I am sure someone else will be along or you can do a 'search' for the medication …..

Sharloub

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »

Thank you for speedy response and the search advice much appreciated  :)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

Let us know how you get on!  Keep asking  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:47 PM »

You will have hormone highs and lows in peri as your body continues to produce oestrogen and progesterone itself. It takes a long while before your hormones settle into a post meno level. You could well benefit from an increase or perhaps a different delivery method such as patches. They are generally better at delivering a steady dose throughout the day which might help you feel much better.

It's good you have an understanding GP so if you look at the green menu it will show you the choices available and then you could discuss your options.

Honeyb
x

Sharloub

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »

Thank you  :) already feel better - this website and your good selves are my voice of reason and help keep me sane  :)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:49:58 PM »

It's good to talk  ;)