Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: prempak c side effects.  (Read 8699 times)

nicros

prempak c side effects.
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »

Just started prempak c 1.25mg yesterday, was on elleste duet for 3 months but it didn't do anything. I took it half hour ago and feel really dizzy very hot, face red anxious panicky and tight chest had to take double my inhaler (have asthma) don't know whether to ride this out and take one tomorrow or wait till Monday and speak to my Dr. Has anyone else had this?

Taz2

Re: prempak c side effects.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »

It could be coincidence but it does say that it should be used with caution in people with a history of asthma so it may be wise to stop taking it and contact your doctor just in case it doesn't agree with you nicros.

Hope you feel better soon.

Taz x

nicros

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »

Thanks Tax think I will do. Feel a bit better now but in the first couple of hours felt awful and my face was so hot and red. Still feel dizzy and a bit wheezy but not as faint as first thing. Just need to get sorted out asap as my anxiety and depression is terrible after having to come off ADs so relying on hrt to sort my mood out too, thanks for replying.

BreadFruit

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:09:16 PM »

I had the same with Prempak c. There is a thread here in the forum. I had a face rash and a red itchy hot face.

My doctor took me off it and I am now on Elleste duet 2mg. And my face rash has nearly disappeared. However I get more flushes than I did with Prempac. I am on the 3rd day with Elleste.

nicros

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »

Thanks for your reply, probably not a good idea but I took another one today and don't feel as bad. So going to continue but if I react again will ring Dr. Started on elleste 1mg but they didn't work at all. Good luck xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »

All HRT takes a while to work and I think the tablets probably more so than transdermal.

If the Prempak doesn't suit you the Elleste comes in a higher dose - 2 mg, and I am surprised the doc didn't suggest this instead of changing the HRT?

Also Elleste also is probably not the best one for mood anyway as the progestogen - norehtisterone - can have negative sdie effects.

If you decide to change I would recommend Femoston and go for the 2/10 as being a higher dose. The progestogen is closer to our own.

Hurdity x

nicros

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »

Thanks for your reply, yes you are right the reason my Dr changed to prempak instead of a higher dose of elleste is because the progesterone tablets did make me feel really low and anxious. I am on day 4 now and starting to feel a lot better, still having the odd dizzy spell and my a bit of a headache. Will keep going and hope this is the right hrt for me  :)

nicros

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »

Well have continued with prempak c and side effects are better. Have been on it a week now and don't feel as emotional and flushes are better but having bad nightmares and insomnia. Really tired all the time and having to have a nap everyday so I can keep going. Hope to have some energy soon

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 05:48:53 PM »

Sounds positive and hope you feel more energised soon nicros...

Hurdity x

nicros

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »

Thanks hurdity me too xx