Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: need advice on everol conti  (Read 3100 times)

libra62

need advice on everol conti
« on: March 13, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »

Hi ladies

I've just picked up my hrt for the 1st time . Bit confused as my doc gave me everol conti as I asked . I'm not sure when I should start it? As had an unexpected period for the last 2 weeks after no periods for 8 months.
I am still bleeding but its not as heavy and keeps stopping for a day then starting its driving me mad and I'm feeling so anxious .The question is should I just start the patches ? Will the bleed stop? Um so confused and I'm already anxious about trying hrt for the 1st time as it is.just a reminder of im 53 in October hence why doc thought everol conti would be ideal for me seeing as i had no periods for 8 months and the fact I don't wish to have anymore periods.
Also i after reading a lot of threads with some ladies not getting on with the progestrone,I'm worried now in case I suffer bad effects to ,but I did have that same progestrone in the mini pill i was on for many years (micronor)  so would this mean I'll be OK with the progesterone in the hrt? And is he everol likely to make me bleed heavy ? Which is my fear

Xx

honeybun

Re: need advice on everol conti
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »

I am on evorel conti and have been for coming up on three years now. I find it great. I am now down to a half patch but that gives me good symptom control.
It did take a good few months to settle though which is not uncommon on a conti. I was never bleeding heavily though, just some cramping and spotting and sore boobs off and on.

Lots of women do absolutely fine on this kind of patch and if you were fine with the progesterone before the chances are you will be fine this time. I never had any problems with the pill either.

You can start off on a half patch if you wanted and build it up if that makes you feel you need to start off slowly.

I hope it works for you, after all if it doesn't suit you just take it off and start again.

Just stick a patch on now. I just started as soon as I got them.

Let us know how it all goes.

Honeybun
X

libra62

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 04:30:43 PM »

Hi honeybun

Aw thank you so much you've put my mind at rest. :) will it stop the period I'm on now tho? Its not heavy in fact today its hardly there.
X

libra62

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »

Honeybun if I decide to cut patch in half can I use other half for the other few days?
X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »

Hi libra62

It's impossible to predict what will happen re bleeding etc in your case - because you didn't have a period for 8 months and then had one. It could just be a one-off, but it could also mean the restart of period for a few months - which sometimes happens with some women. I know (at least I think you said) you are having the bleeding investigated just to check all is well.

If it was just a one-off - then you may get a little spotting or bleeding for the first few weeks/months as honeybun says. if your periods were about to re-start then there maybe a bit more bleeding. However the progestogen in Evorel is a powerful one so should be effective in controlling bleeding. The amount is designed to oppose the oestrogen in the patch so it may not stop the period bleeding you are already having - but I expect that'll soon be over anyway.

Yes go with honeybun's suggestion to use a half patch to start with for a couple of weeks to minimise side effects.

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »

Yes I cut mine in half and then just keep the other half in its packet until the next change day.

It should slow down and stop your period, just remember a conti HRT can take a few months to settle so don't worry if you bleed a bit.

Let us know.

Honeybun
X

libra62

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »

OK I'll try that then thank you
I get so anxious with heavy bleeding it sends me into a panic I've had enough of them before they stopped 8 months ago then was shocked to get this one now .when I thought I was done with them I think it affected me badly and extreme anxiety and feeling down seemed like 8 months worth of bleeding along with bad emotional symptoms and bloatedness too .
X

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 05:53:14 PM »

Hi libra62 - at least the bleeding/spotting you get with HRT is not like a proper period in terms of pms etc, although as I said your hormones may still be going along a bit in the background - but HRT will even out thany big fluctuations that might have been going to happen so you should not get extreme mood swings or low mood  :)

Strangely enough some of us choose to go on bleeding into our 60's  ::) ( like me!) but only to avoid continuous progesterone!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »

It's funny how we are all so different. I would hate to have a bleed now, at 54 I just think im too old  ::)....I will leave that to my daughter....well she actually doesn't do that either  ;D

I was on sequi for three years and did ok and Hurdity is right, it's not like a proper period. I started to bleed randomly so my GP moved me to a conti. It's the freedom I like. No tampons, no pads, no cramp.
Of course if you don't get on with progesterone it's a very different story but if you were ok on the pill as I was you should be fine.

Honeybun
X

libra62

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 06:19:21 PM »

I'm just a proper worrier lol
I've noticed this period that I'm more bloated I feel so fat urgggh i just hope the hrt sorts the bloating this is the worse I've had in a long time and I suffer with IBS when stressed and this last 2 weeks my stress level has rocketed.
I'll see how I go then . fingers crossed.
Yes we are differrant . I just want my life back to feel human again .
 Keep you updated :)
X