Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:25:05 PM 
Started by TnToast - Last post by Wren
It's trial and error finding what works for you.
Reading everyone's routines on here has been invaluable.
Although I think some of my vulval burning is from a tight pelvic floor, as mentioned on another thread, I also have dry skin and find things irritate because of that and only use emollient to wash.
I currently using Vagifem at night & Yes VM in the morning internally, to dilute the fillers.
I apply Ovestin in the morning to the vulva, wait 15 mins for it to absorb, then apply Yes oil based or Olive & Bee to protect the skin and add more through the day.
For me, the Yes VM doesn't provide lasting moisture externally.  It's PH balanced for the vagina - isn't that a different PH to the vulva/skin?...
My body and facial routine's a doddle in comparison 😁
Hope you find what works for you.

on: Today at 11:03:57 PM 
Started by Ayesha - Last post by AngelaH
I was told to reduce my cholesterol which then had a knock on effect on my hormones
It means to reduce bad cholesterol, but you can eat plenty of good cholesterol. Anyway your liver makes all the cholesterol your body needs, so no way reducing bad cholesterol in your diet will have an effect on your hormones.

Menopause is still not properly studied subject, that contains more questions than answers.

on: Today at 09:12:34 PM 
Started by Ayesha - Last post by Dierdre
It all sounds very complex, no wonder so much can go wrong and definately when stress is involved. I was told to reduce my cholesterol which then had a knock on effect on my hormones and worsened my atrophy. It doesn't take much to upset the balance but takes an awful lot of time to put right.

on: Today at 08:51:07 PM 
Started by cazb78 - Last post by Gracie1
Hi,
 I am glad I have joined this forum. So much to learn from other people.    I kinda of lost, because I don't know when my period comes and goes.  It is much longer than before. Last time it lasted for 14 days!
let us know how it went. Take care.
Gracie1

on: Today at 08:38:51 PM 
Started by VioletAquarius - Last post by VioletAquarius

Sorry violet,didn't mean to hijack the thread,hope they help you too

You don't need to apologise, it's absolutely fine, I'm more than happy for you, or anyone, to ask their own questions on any of my threads.

I'm wondering whether to take them and see if it helps with my pot belly, in case it's to do with gut health. And I started with urge incontinence after a course of antibiotics, so wondered if probiotics would help that too.

I feel they probably won't help, but thought to give it a try, and if they don't improve at least I've tried and won't keep wondering  :)

on: Today at 08:14:14 PM 
Started by Sprat_Jax - Last post by Katherine
Hi

I've been on HRT for 5 months now. I started it at 51 when i had to come off the birth control pill (as requested by my GP). This caused my interstitial cystitis to flare up. I started on 25mcg Estradot which initially helped then stopped working, and then went up to 50mcg. I was initially taking the utrogestan orally (100mg) - but changed to vaginally about 2 weeks ago due to acne and tiredness. In the last week or so I've felt almost ready to burst into tears several times - and felt really down. It's possibly the utrogestan - in which case is it worth carrying on to see if this goes away? Another possibility is that my AD has stopped working - they have a tendancy to do that with me.

Hi, sorry to hear you’re struggling. I take 100mg continuously and find that before and during my period it can make me feel a bit sedated and lethargic. So twice I have switched to taking it vaginally which helps but after 1-2 weeks of taking vaginally my sleep and mood really suffer and so I switch back to oral. So your symptoms could be due to switching to vaginal. I’ve decided to stick
With oral and put up with the lethargy as it’s much better than anxiety and exhaustion that I get when I switch to vaginal. I hope this is helpful.x

on: Today at 08:14:13 PM 
Started by karab - Last post by karab
Are others in perimenopause taking Slynd, (especially combined with some form of estrogen)?  Has it been helpful? 

After having two periods monthly and lots of bloating on continuous combined hrt in perimenopause (46 years old, .1125 estradiol patch, 200 mg progesterone nightly, small dose of testosterone cream), my doctor is recommending I change from micronized progesterone to Slynd (drospirenone) while continuing my estradiol patch.  I have my pill pack and am ready to start, but am feeling concerned after reading reports of problems. Those reports may all be from pre-menopause people, though.  Since synthetic progesterones seemed more associated with cancer in many of the hrt studies I read, I was really trying to stick with micronized progesterone, but it's just not working well, although I feel it is helping with sleep.  Sleep was my biggest perimenopause issue.  I was put on high dose hrt due to severe sleep disturbances, significant brain fog, hair loss, and really low energy.  I also had heart palpitations, shortened cycles, and weight gain that didn't respond to exercise or diet.

Appreciate any experiences with Slynd others are willing to share.

Warmly,

Kara

on: Today at 08:13:48 PM 
Started by Cheryl53!!!! - Last post by Joaniepat
I think you have Oestrogel and Utrogestan? The usual way is to use the gel in the morning and the Utrogestan at night. Utrogestan usually causes drowsiness.
JP x

on: Today at 08:10:43 PM 
Started by Caggy - Last post by Caggy
Thanks Hurdity for the really helpful advice. Still a bit of a juggling act and I have booked a Drs appt to talk about different options as I started bleeding after taking the utrogestan vaginally and it is now subsiding after taking orally again.
You’re right, I think the alcohol intolerance might be down to age rather than menopause, and how our bodies process it. A glass of wine does me nowadays but that’s not necessarily a bad thing!

on: Today at 08:08:47 PM 
Started by Robin - Last post by Peach8
Many people use a pet or a scenic picture. It's your account, your choice. I had a friend thought I'd blocked them because I removed a profile pic. You could easily go stir crazy over thinking it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10