Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:29:03 PM 
Started by SaraUK - Last post by Minusminnie
SaraUK,
Have you considered a Women's Health Physio? They can help with a pelvic floor that is too tight - causes burning, urgency, etc.

Apologies if you've already mentioned it.

I second that.  Irritated nerves can cause muscles to tighten a physio told me that tight muscles can cause a burning feeling too.  Think you already think that use of different products may have irritated.

Thinking more about the tight muscles thing, my bladder issues started at a time of being exhausted with overworking. I have a business and was pushing myself too hard. I was also trying to meet deadlines before going abroad on hol 5 days later.

One other strange thing that I experience now is that when I eat a meal, it eases off, like a bowel relaxation connection. When I’m tense it flares up. Also when I lie flat with a heat pack it helps. I’m always ok when getting up in the morning but it gets worse after 2nd wee.

I started breathing exercises last month, maybe that might help.

Tension or stress does make things worse.  Distraction has always helped me where your mind goes off away elsewhere.

If it is the wee hitting the vestibule area that is sore some sort of barrier cream may help if you can tolerate it. I’ve used aproderm barrier cream at times on the vulva with some success.

Hope that you start to get some answers at your appointment in June.

on: Today at 06:27:47 PM 
Started by Taz2 - Last post by jaypo
Swedish Rhapsody - Mantovani

Don't tell me I'm not a classy bird Jill  ;D

on: Today at 06:26:01 PM 
Started by Aprilflower - Last post by jaypo
It's ok for a girlie night and a laugh but not for family viewing 😏 shame really,the music used to be good but now it's all the same.
Washed the RV off for the weekend 🥳

on: Today at 06:13:05 PM 
Started by SaraUK - Last post by Minusminnie
SaraUK,
Have you considered a Women's Health Physio? They can help with a pelvic floor that is too tight - causes burning, urgency, etc.

I second that.  Irritated nerves can cause muscles to tighten a physio told me that tight muscles can cause a burning feeling too.  Think you already think that use of different products may have irritated.

Ah interesting because that might explain why I improved off the topicals and it never got worse.

Incidentally I’m now on day 7 of provera on my long 13 week cycle and my bladder is playing up more along with the burning on and off all day.

I wonder if progesterone irritates nerves or even caused the whole bladder thing. If so, I don’t know what hrt I’ll be able to tolerate.

Afraid I can’t answer you on that one as I have only ever used localised hrt.

I saw two women’s health physios several years ago now.  The second one did myofacial release and could tell me where I had some muscle tightening.  I went to first referred on from GP second one I self referred privately. 

on: Today at 06:11:19 PM 
Started by Hopeful2 - Last post by Abc123
Thanks chopsuey and Tynkabelle! I forgot I have a jewellery scale so will give that a go. I think I'm going to need to increase to 2 sachets anyway as it doesn't feel like quite enough currently. I want to give it a chance at 1.5 for at least a week or so though to be sure what I think is needing more, actually is.

Thanks again!

on: Today at 06:03:40 PM 
Started by Ayesha - Last post by Jules
My younger friend is on systemic hrt and that didn't stop the VA, she's having to treat all that separately.  I would imagine more women than you think have it, they just won't talk about it.

on: Today at 05:57:54 PM 
Started by Silver96 - Last post by DottyD68
Funnily enough when I had a 3 month break from HRT I developed random pains with my teeth, on different sides of my mouth. I even tried to book an emergency appointment at the dentist it was so bad, but decided to wait for check up as it wasn't too far off. Pains went away when I re-started HRT. Co-incidence? Check up at dentist recently was all clear.

on: Today at 05:42:51 PM 
Started by Aprilflower - Last post by Autumnwalks
Had a Eurovision night with my friends..any excuse for a get together. Didn't get home till 1. I really liked the winner, also Croatia and Germany. Some were too samey. Didn't like ours- too 1980's. Don't know Olly as a singer, just an actor in the brilliant It's a Sin. We had a fun night.

on: Today at 05:32:55 PM 
Started by SaraUK - Last post by MrsMitch
Another suggestion Sara that really helped me, I was 12 years with incorrect diagnosis,  is Locoid cream. It's available online and not too expensive.  It's a local anaesthetic and I will warn you it stings and burns like crazy when you apply it but the relief is wonderful.  It only stings for seconds and then everything gets beautifully numb. Once things are numb you can apply a little more without the stinging.
My GP initially gave it to me on prescription just so I could get some pain relief.  My gynaecologist prescribed it because she insisted I had vulvadynia and I disagreed. I mentioned using Locoid so she said to try it again to prove her diagnosis correct - vulvadynia is nerve pain and a local anaesthetic wouldn't stop the pain. Obviously it worked and proved her wrong!
Just a suggestion because the GP and gynaecologist told me to use it as often as I wanted a break from the pain. It really seemed to calm things down after a while, particularly the urethra issues.

on: Today at 05:06:27 PM 
Started by SaraUK - Last post by SaraUK
SaraUK,

Thinking more about the tight muscles thing, my bladder issues started at a time of being exhausted with overworking. I have a business and was pushing myself too hard. I was also trying to meet deadlines before going abroad on hol 5 days later.

One other strange thing that I experience now is that when I eat a meal, it eases off, like a bowel relaxation connection. When I’m tense it flares up. Also when I lie flat with a heat pack it helps. I’m always ok when getting up in the morning but it gets worse after 2nd wee.

I started breathing exercises last month, maybe that might help.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10