Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:46:17 PM 
Started by Katie - Last post by Katie
Thank you. I'm really trying not to worry but it's so hard. Just when I think it's gone back to slight spotting it seems to then flood out again.

on: Today at 05:41:59 PM 
Started by dianad - Last post by shrosphirelass
When I started evorel sequi the menopause clinic suggested I started on half a patch for a few weeks, cutting the patch in 2. I did this and then increased until I used a whole patch.

on: Today at 05:37:04 PM 
Started by Jules - Last post by shrosphirelass
It's always good to raise awareness, so thanks for your ongoing work on this Jules.

It does seem that at the moment it is that individual women's responsibility to advocate for themselves. Some women don't feel able to disagree or raise concerns with a gynaecologist.

Those of us who can either challenge the status quo at the time of a procedure or after it, will hopefully encourage a change in practices. it does seem like we've been waiting for things to improve for a long time though.

on: Today at 05:30:10 PM 
Started by Jules - Last post by Jules
Keep up the good work Jules, looks like you're getting a  positive response.
Like you and CLKD say...they can publish all the paperwork they like but if nobody takes any notice of it what's the point.
Us ladies just need to make sure that when we are treated badly we kick up a fuss and get heard.
Well done Jules :)

Well Im surprised I've got a response so quickly although my MP has been quite good at getting information like that. I wasn't asked if I wanted them to stop, I could barely speak as I was fainting and I wasn't provided with the gas and air.  I wouldn't complain to the hospital. I don't want to cause any trouble for the doctor and nurses and that's just one hospital anyway, It's probably the same in others.  I'll have a read of these web pages later.

on: Today at 05:27:50 PM 
Started by Elliebee - Last post by Kathleen
Hello Elliebee

This may sound gross but could you use your phone to take a picture of the cut?  If it has healed before your GP appointment you will at least have something to refer to.

I agree that no subject is off the table here.
Back in the day I would read a forum populated by sufferers of Ulcerative Colitis and poop in all its forms was regularly discussed!

Take care.

K.

on: Today at 05:27:35 PM 
Started by Katie - Last post by shrosphirelass
 Any time I forgot to change my patch I would have bleeding so your change seems a reasonable explanation.

on: Today at 05:25:55 PM 
Started by koolkat - Last post by koolkat
HI,
Thank you for reading. I have temporary changed my Oestrogel to an Italian brand (Estreva) but have not upped the dose yet. The skin dryness has improved a bit (same with eyes dryness), the wrinkles have not disappeared, perhaps a tiny bit better. As soon as I finished this pump I will go back to Oestrogel and up to three pumps. Recently seen my gynae wh told me my estrogen was pretty low (I think she said 119, if I am not wrong, but not sure what the correct amount is)
I'll report in a few weeks

Cris

koolkat

I haven't read all the responses yet but I will as it looks interesting.

Just wanted to say that I have both developed crow's feet overnight and then at other times they have disappeared.  No one has believed me.  In the end I've worked out that it is something to do with hormones.  Oestrogen does take them away, literally overnight.  And during my period (I'm on evorel sequi but not sure if I'm in menopause yet), if it's a bad one as in a lot of symptoms of low oestrogen, my eyes will go puffy and crows feet appear on the sides.

There's got to be something in this.  I see someone's helped above on the hormonal side and I will come back to read, I imagine as it's arrived quickly it's not permanent as yet and there will be things you can do to reverse or mitigate it  :)

on: Today at 04:49:10 PM 
Started by Katie - Last post by Cassie
That would almost certainly be because you stopped the gel then started again that has happened to me as well before.

on: Today at 04:48:30 PM 
Started by Katie - Last post by Katie
Thank you for your responses. I went on HRT to help with night time hot flushes, terrible lower leg pain, foggy brain and sleep issues unfortunately the bleeding is getting heavier. I'm now at day 7 .

on: Today at 04:02:01 PM 
Started by Jules - Last post by Northerngirl
Keep up the good work Jules, looks like you're getting a  positive response.
Like you and CLKD say...they can publish all the paperwork they like but if nobody takes any notice of it what's the point.
Us ladies just need to make sure that when we are treated badly we kick up a fuss and get heard.
Well done Jules :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10