Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:06:41 PM 
Started by Marshabookworm - Last post by Marshabookworm
So another update. Still no news about a referral to gynae re thickened lining. However after years of being able to set your clock by me I'm now nearly a week late  :-\

I don't know what's going on. I stopped HRT about 4/5 weeks ago, could this lateness be because of this? I've got no aches, pains or any signs of anything about to happen. I'm paranoid that it's just going to start suddenly. I hate this!

If I don't bleed, then surely the lining will just get thicker? The scan said it was 21mm, what happens if it goes thicker :o I'm so stressed about everything  :'(

on: Today at 07:41:16 PM 
Started by Trixiebell - Last post by Cocobra
The eye gel for the night is actually cheaper and will last long.
I completely agree about feeling overwhelmed by all these issues but as someone diagnosed with a much more serious disease last month I suddenly adopted a different perspective: if something can be fixed then you win!  :)

on: Today at 07:35:06 PM 
Started by Elliebee - Last post by Elliebee
Sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious Elliiebee. I can totally relate - anything to do with health and medics throws me totally off track. It is totally irrational but very difficult to manage. I have been doing Mindfulness with an App called Headspace for a number of years and is does help in these

situations - maybe you can look at trying something similar for the longer term.

In terms of tomorrow, as worried as you are, at least you don't have to wait long to find out if it is anything to worry about. I'm sure it isn't (if it is what I sometimes get) and hopefully by this time tomorrow you will be feeling reassured (& probably exhausted).

Hope it goes ok x

Thank you Dotty . I’m going to have an early night and listen to some calming meditation. Was going to watch the Chelsea Flower show but cannot concentrate. I’m going there on Friday so I’m really hoping the GP does agree it’s a tear/fissure from examination although I think it’s gone now and from my photos ! The thought of having to do more screening tests makes me feel physically sick .

on: Today at 07:34:44 PM 
Started by JoannFran - Last post by JoannFran
Hi everyone

Does anyone get progesterone withdrawal after stopping the utrogestan?  I'm on 200mg for 12 days of cycle and the day after I stop it I get really weird symptoms.  I have really vivid nightmares, very hot in bed, ectopic heartbeats, anxiety, this seems to last until about day 4/5 of my period and then I feel relatively 'ok' until I have to start taking the utro (I don't feel great on it and low mood and anxiety) but this seems to get worse when I stop it and it's taken me a while to realise that this could be a withdrawal from the utro?  Dr has said I can switch to conti if I want to try that (I'm still peri and have periods) but she said it's ok.  Anyone else noticed this?

Thank you!

on: Today at 07:26:36 PM 
Started by Gilla999 - Last post by joziel
Get some jewellery scales and a silicone spatula. Zero the scales on the spatula, squirt some gel and tada....

I think you'll get pretty good at estimating after a while. Plus we absorb different products differently so you might end up needing half a pump, for eg...

on: Today at 07:24:42 PM 
Started by Minnie Mouse - Last post by joziel
That's for sure. I now have to get off thyroid meds because I trialled them in the hope that was responsible for some of my symptoms and I don't think it was.... My thyroid is now suppressed so this is not going to be fun.  ::)

on: Today at 07:23:56 PM 
Started by Violetta808 - Last post by Violetta808
Dry eyes, ugh! But that’s also due to age and years of wearing contact lenses. Also at menopause my gums started receding, when before it was never an issue. Don’t know if that’s linked but I’ve seen others’ posts about gums and teeth here and wondered. I think I meant I felt dried out generally too, ie achy joints and headaches. That’s definitely improved.

I would use the vagifem - when you’re ready! You could always insert it part of the way up so it’s not right next to your cervix and less likely to get inside. You’re not being a wuss though. You’ve had months of serious worry and it takes time to process all that.

on: Today at 07:13:19 PM 
Started by Asher - Last post by JoannFran
Hi - I've had exactly this.  Not like a headache that you could take pain killers for but a horrible head sensation.  Like a fullness/wooziness and I often feel it behind my eye and in my ear.  Weirdly mine is always on the left side of my head.  I also sometimes feel a popping sensation in my head/behind my eyes (very hard to explain and dr looks at me like I've lost it).  I've been on HRT for 18 months but definitely had this before I was on it and it went for a while when I had a few months of feeling 'ok' last year.  It's come back recently along with a load of other symptoms and I'm trying to figure out if I need less or more estrogen (although I think it could be the drop in estrogen rather than the actual levels).  Anyway, sorry you are experiencing this and I haven't got any advice except to say that you're not alone. Keep up updated with how the reduction goes xxx

on: Today at 07:01:28 PM 
Started by Violetta808 - Last post by Northerngirl
Hi, thanks for your detailed reply....it's definitely something I'll look into. But like you said I think I'm maybe okay without systemic HRT....at this point anyway.
Think I'm going to have to stop being a wuss and start using ovestin.
I noticed on one of your earlier posts that you were suffering with "dryness everywhere " which is definitely an issue of mine, not  just VA it's everywhere. So I'm just wondering if the Tibolone has helped with that for you?
It's very difficult weighing all the pros and cons isn't it.
Thanks again Violetta808

on: Today at 06:50:51 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by jaypo
We're off to Nidd Hall in July,love it there,then going to Zeebrugge in September  :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10