Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 09:39:48 AM 
Started by JessWare - Last post by JessWare
Hello, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've been searching this forum and found it really useful to keep going back to my gp. I'm 43 and have been having symptoms since 40, mainly fatigue and low libido the first year.

Here's my story to date. I had been going to the gp for persistent fatigue, low libido, night sweat, hot flushes for a few months and finally I got some support. She suggested black cohosh or hrt and I opted for hrt. I was prescribed the evorel sequin patch last July for 3 months and got horrible migraines in week 2 so my gp said to just stop them after the three months. I had a blood test to check my levels on day 3  which came back normal so my gp said that's that.

Since then I've developed symptoms of migraines and anxiety that I haven't had before, on top of the previous symptoms. My gp said to try beta blockers for the migraines as in her eyes we should only treat migraines or perimenopause. So took the beta blockers. This was around 9 weeks ago.
3 weeks ago I woke up with vertigo and thought I was having a stroke, I couldn't get out of bed. Eventually it settled and I made my way to A&E like 111 said to. The doctor I saw there said I shouldn't have been prescribed beta blockers as I was too fit and it gave me bradycardia and that was the cause of the vertigo (I'm not sure that's right as it wasn't lightheadedness, it was pure vertigo). I was sent home and told to wean off them and speak to my gp.
I spoke to my Gp, a new doctor at my surgery, and she didn't think it was beta blockers but also said that hrt could help with migraines so she recommended to continue the beta blocker wean and prescribed me a new hrt regime. I'm on oestradol gel pump (1 pump) and utrogestan (100mg orally). I've been on holiday the last two weeks so I'm not sure if it's the holiday or the hrt or both but I've not had aura or migraine since starting it.
However, I have had the worst time getting to sleep after taking utrogestan. I'm on day 16 of taking it. I decided to take 100mg for the 25 days although my gp prescribed 200mg for 14 nights (after the migraines on week 2 on the patch I believe I'm progesterone sensitive).

So that's my story to date  ;D

I've decided to post up as I've read a couple posts on here about others having terrible time sleeping on utrogestan and wondered if any solutions were found?

on: Today at 09:25:47 AM 
Started by Gilla999 - Last post by Gilla999
Sorry for multiple posts, but they're on different topics!

I just had a thought that I could try moving my patch to my buttock area (I apply to stomach below belly button currently) in a bid to beat the allergic skin reaction I've suddenly developed to Evorel. It might not work, but it's worth a shot before going through the upheaval of changing regime completely.

Has anyone experienced any difference in how much they absorb from one area to another on the body? I was a little bit confused in researching, as it talks about gel being better absorbed in thin areas of the skin, but from the little I could find it seemed to be the opposite for patches - but it wasn't clear. Just wondered if anyone had any anecdotal experience to share!

on: Today at 09:23:18 AM 
Started by Gilla999 - Last post by Gilla999
Thanks Dotty, that's what I was thinking - I'd have to weigh it  :-\  What a palava!

on: Today at 09:16:53 AM 
Started by Bluedonkey - Last post by Penguin
Yes one missed progesterone dose of any kind can cause spotting. The withdrawal bleed on a sequential regime is caused by the sudden drop in progesterone.
Health anxiety is the worst, I feel for you but I really think you've got nothing to worry about this time.

on: Today at 09:13:23 AM 
Started by Linda - Last post by Jules
Thanks ladies for replying. Looks like the doctor I saw was probably doing the same as yours Jules in following the guidance. The spotting has now turned into a bleed, been 2 weeks now, I’m just hoping it’s not going to be like this till I go for the scan on the 29th.
Every morning I keep thinking should I not take my hrt to see if the bleeding stops then I end up taking it as I’m worried about the hot flushes etc returning.
Anyone had a similar experience? X
I continued the ovestin cream externally because it had taken months to make headway and I didn't want to lose the progress. Thing is I needed a prescription and he wouldn't give it, that was the point when i was told i shouldn't be using HRT, nobidy told me when I was referred to gyny, so I managed to eke it out for the last week. I stopped the vagifem pessaries. Mine is a mixed up story as the GPs mixed it up but basically I was told the guidance is not to use HRT because its contraindicated to cancer.......which we all know most bleeding doesn't turn out to be.

on: Today at 08:47:29 AM 
Started by violetbat - Last post by violetbat
Yes

on: Today at 08:40:34 AM 
Started by CLKD - Last post by Songbird
Crampons

on: Today at 08:39:47 AM 
Started by bramble - Last post by Songbird
With a tambourine

on: Today at 08:37:29 AM 
Started by Aprilflower - Last post by Songbird
Taking mum on a steam train journey with afternoon tea today (from Bo’ness in Fife). Please 🙏 let the weather remain nice  ;)

on: Today at 08:35:17 AM 
Started by Gilla999 - Last post by Dotty
It would be difficult to get an exact amount of gel every time unless you weighed it.

I think Sandrena comes in a 0.5mg as well as 1mg so the 0.5 might be better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10