Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:31:54 PM 
Started by Loo53 - Last post by jaypo
Can't take her anywhere  ::)

on: Today at 12:31:25 PM 
Started by jaypo - Last post by jaypo
Don’t forget the cucumbers darling, oh and nuts. 🤣😂

Always someone lowering the tone 😂

on: Today at 12:30:39 PM 
Started by Dandelion22 - Last post by jaypo
:-\

who is Lioness ?  My response was to Dandelion.
;D That had me baffled too,were you having a menopause moment dandelion? ;D

on: Today at 11:49:54 AM 
Started by Caggy - Last post by Caggy
Hi, I am currently going through a redundancy process and I said at the outset that it would be used as an opportunity to get rid of me due to ongoing issues with the menopause and lo and behold, it looks like I’ll be given the chop. I’ve worked for the company for 7 years, had a faultless sick record up until 9 months ago and was well thought of. The last 9 months have been pretty hellish with a couple  of periods of sick. My occy health report said this was likely to be an ongoing issue and I would likely need support. General brain fog, anxiety, exhaustion etc etc. I’m in a middle management job and just lost all my confidence. Work know I’m struggling and now I have been put at risk. My job is basically the same but they’ve given it a new title and a very small salary increase but the JD is more or less the same. The thought of having a battle  on my hands is really worrying as I don’t feel up to it. Just wondering if anyone else has been/is in a similar position? I’m 52 and not ready to give up work yet. I’ll struggle to  get  another job with how I’m feeling and my sick record. Just feel a bit out of control and helpless and shat on.

on: Today at 11:20:08 AM 
Started by Dorothy Gale - Last post by SarahT
Just had a thought, you had a look at allodynia?

In brief,a hypersensitivity to touch. You saying about removing the labels from clothing rang a bell there, reminded me of a thread on a fibromyalgia forum about inability to tolerate tight clothing,and I don't just mean form fitting clothes,but even the touch of something even gentle  against the skin can feel unbearable. Nerve thing I gather.

on: Today at 11:07:15 AM 
Started by MsUlysses - Last post by MsUlysses
Thanks for the reply. Yes, she did do the CA125 test which was negative. She told me it would take 7-10 days for the results. I sweated blood for a week then finally called the surgery to see if there was any news, reception told me the results had come in 5 days earlier and no further action was required. The ultrasound was a follow-up and showed the coil still there and still in the correct place. It's just got no hormones left in it.

As for waiting lists, there's no real information. I've been waiting for an appointment for a removal under anesthetic since the last failed attempt to remove the coil back in February. GP says he will note in waiting on that referral in his latest referral.

on: Today at 10:12:40 AM 
Started by samson1706 - Last post by samson1706
Hi everyone,

I need advice please... I am 52 and I went without period for nearly 7 months (before that it was 5 months and before that one it was 3 months) now period came back and hasn't stopped. Been 19 days so far. Its not particularly heavy but when I think it's finished I cough and it starts all over again 🙁 I am not on HRT.

Any advice?

Much appreciated

on: Today at 09:56:39 AM 
Started by Taz2 - Last post by Wrensong
I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

on: Today at 09:44:39 AM 
Started by Dandelion22 - Last post by Dandelion22
Sorry it is me Lioness86 was my old login, I have deleted it now. I have got up this morning and thought it may be hunger causing the issue but within 20 mins have had the awful indigestion again and stomach pain. Once I get rid of the acid it is so much better x

on: Today at 09:32:47 AM 
Started by Dorothy Gale - Last post by Dorothy Gale
Thanks ladies xxx

Yes stress and skin.....very very much connected.

It's been my nemesis all my life.

It's definitely better when not stressed.....

But now in menopause its become even more hypersensitive and reactive...

I really appreciate your support.

I guess it's another thing to accept and add to the list  ::)

Soooo uncomfortable tho....I just want to crawl out of my skin! I was sat yesterday cutting out all the labels off everything I wear as they feel like glass cutting me.....jeez it never flipping ends.......

Xx

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10