Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
 on: Today at 11:04:36 AM 
Started by lor.com - Last post by Cedrus
I also have tried estriol and blissel and both made me sore inside and I felt that it made my symptoms worse so I have stopped so at the moment I am using yes moisturiser and lube and victory oil which seems to be helping and when the itching starts I use salcura topida  I was never convinced about using hrt products but because it is now affecting my bladder thought I would try it but I must be one of the ones that what ever compound they put in these products it doesn’t agree with me.
Has anyone tried serenity 20-1 as I was thinking of trying that.

on: Today at 10:33:26 AM 
Started by jawa42 - Last post by jawa42
Could you get eight out of one sachet?!? X

on: Today at 10:30:00 AM 
Started by Minnie Mouse - Last post by Minnie Mouse
Hello again everyone!
Feet much better, and I thought I was coming out safely (ish) the other side of Peri, but...
Recently feeling new levels of jittery, burning hand again, just strange, strange, strange, a bit pins & needles.
6 months since my last period, HRT for 4 years.
I'm having a oestrogen check next week, but wondering if I need something for anxiety (never taken)... :-\
OMG this is such a tough ride

on: Today at 10:29:53 AM 
Started by lillith112 - Last post by Nas
Agree with Hurdity, I think it’s unbelievable how differently women are treated up and down the country, for essentially the same procedure.

I’ve had two endometrial biopsies and two hysteroscopy’s in the past. All of them were painless and quick. Pads were available and nice staff to talk you through it all.

Leaflets sent through beforehand and aftercare spoken about. Alternative painkillers were mentioned in case paracetamol and ibroprufen were not tolerated or able to be taken.

I’m in the north west and can’t fault any women’s health care I’ve received in the past.

How to make this universal? Probably parliamentary action needs to be carried out. Or get Davina on the case!!!

on: Today at 10:18:32 AM 
Started by PURPLEFISHMENORCA - Last post by PURPLEFISHMENORCA
Hi, I’m literally on the edge!

* Peri-Menopause diagnosed 2019
* Fluoxetine 20mg prescribed 2019
* Mirena coil fitted 2019 (new one 2023)
* Evorel patches 2019
* Estrogel instead of Evorel 2023

My moods are down, way down every month. I’m off work, I have a GP appointment next week. I have a Clinical Psychology appointment in 2 weeks.
 I don’t know what to do. I don’t see the point anymore…I’m not enjoying life.

on: Today at 09:57:08 AM 
Started by lillith112 - Last post by Jules
It's shocking how treatment is different all over the UK and basic care and advice is not given. I can only describe my experience in SW England. Prior to my hysteroscopy and biopsy I was sent a leaflet outlining everything including afterwards ie what one should avoid etc. My letter said I should take 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen an hour before the appointment, as pain relief. There were pads in the room where I had the procedure to put on immediately (because I had quite a bit of bleeding) and results came through in about 3 weeks. The consultant wrote to my GP with the results and her recommendations for ongoing hRT, which resulted in my being prescribed vaginal progesterone. I cannot fault my treatment in any way.

I don't know what can be done to ensure this treatment is universal except to complain so that women in future receive better care - but terrible that one has to do this.

Hurdity x
I was given that information prior to the procedure too. But I can't take ibuprofen and paracetamol was like taking sugar. The pain was so extreme and the gas and air mentioned before, never materialised when I was fainting. I am pursuing policy with help from my MP and I've emailed my stomach doctor!

on: Today at 09:51:33 AM 
Started by Ayesha - Last post by Ayesha
Thanks for all the very helpful comments ladies (ammunition) which I have taken on board.
Its difficult to comprehend it all on how this condition is treated and with a statement of "its very rare to need both treatments" the fight continues. 

on: Today at 09:51:28 AM 
Started by Tiredgirl23 - Last post by Tiredgirl23
Thank you for your reply, CKLD and the PMS website. Will check it out.

I don’t think it’s at a particular time of the month but I need to start tracking things better. I have another lifelong health condition which monopolises a lot of my time.

And yes, I have a whole load of other health and personal stuff that has been going on too for some time, which has been adding to the anxiety and worry mix, so I know it’s a combination of things happening at the same time.

Trying to work out some of my other issues too and on the positive, there have been some improvements. I am also very lucky to have an extremely supportive husband.

I’ve been offered anti-depressants in the past but decided they weren’t for me.

I will wait and see how next week goes. Thank you again!

on: Today at 09:47:13 AM 
Started by Booblet - Last post by sheila99
A small number of women seem to need progesterone to feel good but for mostvof us it's what we have to put up with to have oestrogen. She thinks you're taking an adequate amount to protect your lining so no need to test it.

on: Today at 09:37:24 AM 
Started by jaypo - Last post by jillydoll
I’ve felt like that to KaraShannon.
Everything’s an effort, so when I’m like it, I stay in my pjs.
Just go with it. It passes. Then we become superhuman and do everything what we passed on the days before. 🤷🏼‍♀️ x

Feeling better than I was, but not 100%.
Getting some fresh air today in the nice weather before it changes again.
The rains coming Monday apparently . ☹️

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10