Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:08:58 AM 
Started by Katherine - Last post by Maggiestone5
Thanks for the feedback.  So when you say 400-600poml is that your estrogen? 
I no longer have a uterus but I do have horrible endo so I talked my doctor into prescribing me a progesterone anyway.  I’m on a patch and I live in the states so it may be different but I’m on a very low dose .0375.  My doctor wants to raise to .5 but I’m nervous because like you in the beginning of the post I have internal buzzing and realized I only started noticing it  the time I started HRT. so I don’t know if it’s a menopause symptom or an HRT symptom.  I’m so concerned on what to do.  🤦🏻‍♀️

on: May 23, 2024, 11:20:06 PM 
Started by Katherine - Last post by Joodle
Check progesterone levels, I suspect it’s to do with the balance between the hormones. No one knows. So frustrating.

on: May 23, 2024, 11:17:38 PM 
Started by Katherine - Last post by Joodle
I agree with getting levels tested. My estrogen was really high so I’ve cut right back. I think taking progesterone is helping but the biggest things for me are 1 swimming 2/3 times a week and 2 getting enough rest. Also get upon the morning, don’t lounge in bed too long, no matter how tired you are. My buzzing has reduced but worsens when extra fatigued. Good luck, it’s a nightmare.

on: May 23, 2024, 10:23:47 PM 
Started by Goosieloosie - Last post by sheila99
I'm staying on sequi too because of side effects from utro. They told me there's a slightly higher risk of endometrial cancer this way but I'll take that over being permanently doped.

on: May 23, 2024, 09:43:21 PM 
Started by Katherine - Last post by joziel
Ha ha, gosh this was a long time ago  ;D  I'm now on 11 pumps of gel  ;D ;D ;D

My sleep is getting much better. I increased to 11 pumps last week and I got 7.5 hours last night, which is excellent for me.

I last tested at 6 pumps and was around 330pmol. My Newson doctors say most women need to be 400-600pmol for symptom resolution. I think because during peri you have fluctuations. I would recommend testing during your period if you still have periods, as your own estrogen will be low then so you can see what you are getting from HRT. Whatever you get, it is probably cutting in and out... Mine was around 190-250pmol up to 75 patch or 3 pumps of gel. It was 330pmol at 6 pumps. I would hope it is now around 500 or something... But I need to test again now and get an update on levels.

And the starting T3 thing has been both very interesting and a nightmare. I am now on 50mcg T4 and 45mcg T3 and I feel good as far as thyroid stuff goes - except I don't need to be on thyroid meds. These night time symptoms were estrogen related, not thyroid.

But I am using this time to sort out my metabolism by doing a slow reverse diet and gradually increasing my calories. I can't come off thyroid meds whilst my metabolism is this slow, because there will be a hypo period for a few weeks and it will slow me down even more, which could actually be dangerous if I reduce calories loads so as not to gain weight. It's a metabolic mess. The current plan is to get back up to 2200 calories with a reverse diet and then to come off the thyroid meds. I'm really really anxious about it all.

Starting a low dose of T3 was one thing (15mcg) because it didn't suppress my TSH and just topped me up. But then the doctor I was seeing freaked out because that small amount of T3 dropped my T4 to below range. So then she convinced me I needed 50mcg T4 as well - and boom - my thyroid was suppressed. Then, with a suppressed thyroid, 15mcg T3 wasn't enough and I increased to 30 - still not enough... It's just a slippery slope. I was really desperate to try anything and I don't think I appreciated what it would mean to come off.

Body builders come on and off it all the time, but they are very metabolically flexible....  ::)

Anyway, I'd suggest you get bloods done during your period and if they are not 400-600pmol, increase... And if you get to 4 pumps of 100 patch and the GP refuses higher, Newson or any private clinic will prescribe higher. And be very very careful about trying thyroid meds.

on: May 23, 2024, 09:19:51 PM 
Started by dianad - Last post by Violetta808
I’ve been on tibolone for a month. A consultant gynae suggested it as I have fibroids that bleed on conventional HRT. I feel pretty good on it so far - and no bleeding or boob pain. It’s a bit unusual but there is lots of info about it on this forum (I’d never heard of it before).

on: May 23, 2024, 09:07:37 PM 
Started by Cheryl53!!!! - Last post by JessWare
I'm sleeping better now I've moved my utrogestan to the morning. It was keeping me wired when I took it before bedtime.

on: May 23, 2024, 08:22:43 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by jillydoll
You TALKIN BOUT ME JAY? ……..( said with cotton balls in her cheeks) 🥷🏼. 🙅🏼‍♀️   ;D

Thanks for that CLKD.
I’ll let OH know, as he’s still recovering, we need to be careful what we do. 👍

on: May 23, 2024, 07:59:35 PM 
Started by Katejo - Last post by CLKD
Any1 planning on going away needs to get their applications in for postal votes ASAP.  Typically it falls on a busy sporting weekend across the UK, including the F1 British [car ] Prix!   ::)

Also 4th July ...........  :-\  :-X

on: May 23, 2024, 07:57:37 PM 
Started by CLKD - Last post by CLKD
apres ski

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10