Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:43:20 PM 
Started by Fionay68 - Last post by Fionay68
Hello all.  I’m 55 and had both ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed four years ago due to a huge dermoid cyst.  Started on continuous combined HRT pills then switched to Utrogestan and Estragel (4 pumps daily).  Since menopause I’ve had some intermittent spotting and cramping.  I had a hysteroscopy about 18 months ago which showed my uterine lining to be very thin but otherwise fine.  After a few more episodes recently I had another referral to gynaecology for a transvaginal ultrasound.  Other than a small amount of blood pooled at the top of my cervix the consultant thought all was well and suggested I ask my GP for estrogen pessaries or cream if I thought I needed it.  I felt reassured.  This week I had a bit of brown spotting and cramps which have got stronger.  Just went to the loo and was shocked to see I’d flooded - the toilet was crimson to an extent I can barely remember during my periods.  Since the ultrasound looked ok do I just leave it?  No idea what’s happening but it was somewhat alarming.  Anyone else had this? Up until now it’s been faint spotting but this was a gush… Any advice very gratefully accepted!

on: Today at 10:03:04 PM 
Started by Aprilflower - Last post by Autumnwalks
Went to see the new film IF. Heartwarming and feel-good without being mushy. Loved it. Had a small cry.

on: Today at 09:40:47 PM 
Started by Trixiebell - Last post by DottyD68
Hi Trixiebell,

Sounds like Dry Eye to me. I have had it for past 10 years which co-incided with start of peri-menopause. Apparently it is common in ladies of a certain age.

I manage it with a number of things:-

1. Hycosan eye drops during the day.
2. Hycosan night gel at night.
3. Daily heated eye pad for 10 minutes every day. I have an electric one plugged in next to my bed so put it on first thing in the morning when I'm coming to. I find it really relaxing and much better than the microwavable ones as it has 3 different constant heat settings.
4. Take Sea Buckthorn capsules daily. These are also supposed to help with other hormone related dryness. Get them from Holland and Barratt.
5. Wear glasses when it's windy.

Sounds like a faff but it's part of my routine now.

Hope you get on ok tomorrow.

on: Today at 09:22:35 PM 
Started by dianad - Last post by dianad
Ladies, a little silly question did anyone ever tried to cut divide the patch to 2 pieces to get lower dosage of hormones? Thanks

on: Today at 09:17:39 PM 
Started by violetbat - Last post by violetbat
So sorry -I actually meant I was and am on everol 100 plus norithisterone.

on: Today at 09:10:54 PM 
Started by joziel - Last post by Gnatty
For me if I can't fall to sleep, it usually signifies too much oestrogen or testosterone. Whereas waking up a lot usually means not enough. Do you think you might have gone past your optimal point with the oestrogen? Especially as you say your other symptoms have resolved. You could try cutting back just slightly maybe. But it is so difficult to know whether to go up or down isn't it. It just always seems to boil down to trial and error....

on: Today at 09:06:00 PM 
Started by Trixiebell - Last post by Trixiebell
Thankyou Northerngirl ,
Furyan I’m taking 75mg Everol which I’ve been on for some time .
I dont know if this is dry eye but I seem to have health  anxiety something that I never used to have when I was younger .
My husband is telling me to not faff at the opticians but to go to the Dr for a Moorfields referral 🙈
The irritation in my eye comes and goes maybe it’s because I’m constantly thinking about it

on: Today at 08:49:26 PM 
Started by Matea Vukman - Last post by Banjo1973
Hello,

I started this survey but didn't complete it as I got the impression it was market research for a paid menopause app.

Apologies if I'm wrong If I am wrong, you may wish to reconsider some of the questions used.

on: Today at 08:36:46 PM 
Started by Trixiebell - Last post by Furyan
I find that yhe amount of oestrogen I take is directly related to dryness in all the areas mentioned. I get very dry, gritty eyes (blurry too) when I lower my patch, it corrects itself within a couple days of upping it again. Annoying really because I want to take as little oestrogen as possible due to the horrendous fluid retention it causes.

on: Today at 08:25:23 PM 
Started by Hopeful2 - Last post by Banjo1973
I don't think you should be on anywhere near that amount of Sandrena!!!

11 pumps of the new stuff is probably more like 4/5 pumps of the old. If you switch to Sandrena I would start with 3 or 4 sachets and see how you go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10