Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Contemplation Corner  (Read 50104 times)

san

Re: Contemplation Corner
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »

A lovely poem which often brings comfort ....

"Death is nothing at all. It does not count. I have only slipped away into the next room. Nothing has happened. Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference into your tone. Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me. Let my name be the household word that it always was. Let my name be spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow upon it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was. There is absolutely unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight? I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well. Nothing is past, nothing is lost. One brief moment and all will be as it was before, only better; infinitely happier and forever."
Henry Scott Holland

purplenanny

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 09:12:53 AM »

Beautiful, thank you for posting San

Purplenanny x x

jax

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:07 AM »

its that time of year again mum. March still hurts so much. just came here to talk to you and 1st thing i saw was San had posted the poem I read for you when you went, that kind of felt spooky :-)
I miss you so much most times but March has mothers day and your anniversary on 10th. This year its our silver wedding on 14th and it feels so phoney. S is driving me nuts but is it him or me? either way I am miserable and feel like running away for a while which of course I cant ....wish you were here mummsy xxx

sandie w

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 05:36:28 PM »

For my Dad who passed away 36 years ago today (only 52 years old)

Thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have is memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake in which I'll never part. God has you in his keeping, I have you in my heart .

TM

Bette

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:44 AM »

Thinking of a sweet guy who I worked closely with for over 20 years who was taken by a massive stroke in his 50s. He was doing what he loved - walking in the Peaks - and wouldn't have wanted to face an inactive life so if it had to happen, this was the best way. He'd just taken (very) early retirement so he could do more walking, sailing, ski-ing; I just wish that he'd had longer to enjoy it. His poor widow....  :'( :'( :'(
Bette x

purplenanny

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »

Farewell my dearest Auntie, a most beautiful day for your funeral service. A sad but glorious goodbye. Reunited with Mum , rest in peace my lovely. x x

jax

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »

for everyone missing their mum today  :'( :hug:

purplenanny

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »

Mum and Auntie. Your first Mothers Day together. Missing you both on this special day. Forever in my heart. x x

Christine662

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

Love to Mum on Mothering Sunday xx

Oldteen

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »

Mum and Dad, I wish I could be a child again and have you both back.

purplenanny

« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2012, 09:32:06 PM »

Missing you so much my dearest Auntie. Your Christmas Cacti is blooming its heart out on my windowsill and makes me smile. x x

jax

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »

Thinking of my ex mil (1st marriage)
2 years ago she struggled with bowel cancer and has survived it only to be told a month ago that she has advanced liver cancer now....they mistook her recent problems as depression!
she is at home with macmillan nurses attending. My ex told me today she has about a week to 10 days at most ...feel so helpless and sad.

jax

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »

ex mil passed away this morning, faster than expected but a relief for the family.
Thinking of A, he was so upset when he rang :-(

Christine662

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

Thinking of my MIL & my OH.

MIL is 95 & is slowly leaving us...not ill as such, very old & frail.

Only taking fluid on a sponge now.

Hugs to OH
Hugs to MIL

xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

:hug:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11