Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!  (Read 103928 times)

Crescent

Re: Dental abscess and not finished the shopping yet!
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

Pretty sure it's two every four hours with Nurofen, CLKD.   I can't take ibuprofen due to stomach problems and for anybody think it's best if you take them with food. 
Sorry you had such a rotten time with the extraction.   I did as well which is what took me a while to pluck up courage to do the implant for a few months.   I got a 'dry socket' infection and had abs and they can also pack the extraction site with some stuff which eases it a lot.

But honestly, the implant is way easier than the extraction!  Hope you manage to sleep ok, your jaw is probably bruised.

viv

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »

Did they tell you to rinse tomorrow with warm water and salt? My dentist insists that you should do this three times a day for a couple of days. You are one very brave lady.

:medal:

Viv
x

harem77

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »

Hope you feel better soon CLKD. XX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »

Got through the night!  Thanks!  I have to rinse with warm salty water today and have taken the 1st of 2 sets of anti-bioitics, one tablet yesterday and the other at 7.30 a.m..  I can have breakfast at 8.30 ! not that I know what to eat, probably muesli very very carefully  ::)

No swelling in the face surprisingly!  Off to rest  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »

Glad that you had a not too bad night CLKD. The last tooth I had extracted had wound its roots all around each other and it took over an hour to cut through the gum (eventually after much tugging) and get it out. I had a wonderful black eye and bruised and swollen face the next day - scared all the children at school! I looked like something from Halloween  :bat:

Taz x

Rosebush

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »

CLKD i hate dentists you are so brave...for you.. :tulips:

Eddie

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »

Ouch, Taz i could quite easily cancel my appt for Friday if you keep frightening me! lol

Taz2

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2011, 06:43:36 PM »

Whoops - sorry Eddie. I am still suffering myself - abscess calmed down but where the gum has shrunk away from the tooth it is so tender - old age gum shrinkage. I have had a filler put on it but it is still aching and I have a feeling the abscess is on its way back. I am still taking pencillin V but it is not very effective - plus I find it impossible to take it four times a day on an empty stomach or at least an hour before food. When in school I have to eat at set times so that makes it tricky.

Hope you get on ok on Friday.

Taz x

Eddie

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »

I think i'll have to change it anyway, only made it today, but i was shocked, the receptionist said 1st of march? for my own dentist, but an associate had an appt for Friday, so i jumped at it, but forgot the plumber is coming on Friday to fit new kitchen radiator. I was trying to juggle it, when hubby came home and said his exhaust just fell off his car, so now i need to walk too, don't think so, maybe this associate isn't very busy on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

What is it with anti-biotics!  I went to my GP Surgery and spoke with our Pharmacist yesterday, complete with list of when to take the blasted medicines ....... she told me not to be too rigid, that Erythymycin needs an empty stomach to help absorbtion but hey, once I've had breakfast -that's a laugh  ::) - and my morning cuppa etc. the stomach isn't empty before the next dose is due ....... and the other AB needs LOTS of water as it's a dry tablet the size of a 50p [well nearly] piece and needs to be taken with food : + Nurofen as often as necessary, +anti-depressant and betablocka at night ........... = neartburn  >:( >:(  As for 4 in a day, well 2 and perhaps 3 I might manage !

I missed a couple of AB doses yesterday as I slept most of it away.  I ached all over from where the dentist had been pulling and I had been tensed: my legs, my chest, my ribs ........ the needle points are sorethis morning so I can't open my mouth to put a spoon in so my lovely warmed through tinned rice is now .......... cold  :( ......

I can't speak properly yet without dribbling  :-X

Eddie

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:23 AM »

Oh, it doesn't seem worth it? But i'm sure it be, just try and take the AB's, and the nurofen and the rest.
Eddie. x

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »

I'll definitely go for the 'rest'  ;) ........ once I've collected the dog, shut up the chickens, rang the dentist for the next part of the plan .... feet up, cuppa in hand, doze ...........

Trey

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 08:30:18 PM »

Hi CLKD, What is an AB?  I sure hope you are feeling better.  What a drag as they say here.  Don't forget lots of yogurt to prevent yeast.  Sorry, that (mentioning yeast) was kind of a downer and I think it was mentioned before anyway.  Be well!

Taz2

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »

Hi Trey- "AB" is short for antibiotic

Taz x

Trey

« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 08:53:11 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks, Taz  Have you seen any posts from Heather of late?  Hate to leave her without our cyber support, but maybe I've just missed seeing any.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30